𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟿

Start from the beginning

Schlatt let out a hearty cheer. The corners of your lips tilted into a forced grin. Tubbo's actions continued.

"Schlatt has successfully washed all the insects off our great nation. And with that, he's allowed the goodness and tastiness to shine through. Esteemed guests, I'd like you to look around at what we've built today. And look at each other! We've done all this, thanks to democracy and the leadership of President Schlatt," Tubbo paused for a quick allowance of reactions.

"And isn't that what this festival is all about? Democracy, that is. Our people have been beaten down by royals and dictators for so long. But now we are finally free. Free to elect who we want, live who we want, and go where we want without the constraints of the huge black walls. So, with that in mind, I thank everyone for coming to this wonderful event."

A low chuckle came from Schlatt, and Tubbo's voice faltered towards the end of his words. "What's wrong, Schlatt?"

Schlatt brushed it off, but you were determined to dig it back up. That laugh wasn't out of humor. You tapped on his shoulder, politely restrained smile plastered onto your face as you gestured behind the stage.

The two of you walked away. Your concern grew. Tubbo's actions continued.

"What was that?" you whisper-shouted, as soon as you were out of view.

"Don't worry your little head about it. It's nothing," he reassured unsuccessfully.

"Shut your ass up. That wasn't nothing."

"Now, now, I've got a few words to say to our Secretary of State. You might want to stay back here, it's going to get a little messy."

"The fuck do you mean, 'messy'," you hissed. "Whatever you're planning, don't."

"You got anything else in the speech?" Schlatt questioned Tubbo, the latter shaking his head. "That's it? Alright. Quackity, take some of this. Help me do something real quick."

Your face paled as the two began to block Tubbo in with hasty hands.

"Sch- Schlatt, what are you doing?" Tubbo asked, a nervous chuckle following his sentence. "What are you-"

You sensed unease in the crowd matching your own. "Alex. Schlatt. Stop it. It's not funny."

Alex almost imperceptibly shook his head before turning and solidifying the concrete powder that built up around Tubbo. You grabbed his arm.

"Alex. Whatever you're doing, it needs to stop," you said firmly, emphasizing the last word.

"N/n, don't get in the way. This doesn't need to get violent - any more violent, that is." Schlatt couldn't seem to keep his temper in after that.

"I'll cut to the fucking chase, alright," the ram-horned man barked. "It really sucks to say this in front of everyone, but it needs to be done."

"Schlatt, let him go." Niki's voice trembled as she pleaded.

Schlatt leaned into the box, words smugly and quietly spoken. "I know what you've been up to."

"What- what've I been up to? I- I-"

Tubbo's denials were interrupted by Schlatt's laughter, echoing fully and darkly.

"What have I been up to?" he chuckled. "He says, 'what have I been up to', YOU'VE FUCKING CONSPIRED WITH THE IDIOTS! THE TYRANTS! That we kicked out of this great country ages ago!"

Your face was painted with shock and worry. Schlatt, he's not going to - he wouldn't - 

Would he?

"Tubbo, I don't know if you know this," Schlatt inquired tauntingly, "but treason isn't a respectable thing around here. It all adds up, buddy. The fucking tunnels, the absences, even here! Don't try and tell me nobody knows this. I know, I saw it with my own two fuckin' eyes."

He breathed in and out. "Technoblade? Y'wanna come up here for a second? We like to send messages around here."

Techno froze in his seat, cautiously standing up. "I was not planning for this. I was not planning for this."

Schlatt found some sick humor in the situation.

"Tubbo in a box," he whispered, his voice light as a feather. "What will he do? As the enemy of the state, and abettor to the awful, awful rioters, Technoblade, take care of him."

Techno laughed awkwardly. "What're you saying, Schlatt, do you want me to get him some breakfast? Give him a nice coat or something? You're being quite vague."

The hybrid's netherite armor shimmered as he turned between Tubbo, Schlatt, Alex, and you. You shook your head, trying desperately to convince him against it.

Don't, please, you thought, hoping in some crazed way he would hear your thoughts and not.

"I'd rather rule alone than with you," Schlatt said, breaking you out of your head. "Fucking traitor. I can't even look at you."

Even Alex hesitated at this moment. "Schlatt, he's jailed already, we have him where we need him, I think it's enough for-"

"IT'S NOT ENOUGH! Technoblade, I want Tubbo fucking dead and I want it right fucking now."

Techno shakily grabbed a rocket from his bag, placing it onto his crossbow and prepping the weapon.

You grabbed his arm. "Please. This isn't right."

"Don't get any more involved, sweetheart," Schlatt said offhandedly, his focus on Techno's increasingly trembling hands. "It'll all end in seconds, right?"

Techno's expression morphed several times, and then he shrugged your arm off.

"Tubbo, I'm- I'm sorry. I'll make this as painless as possible. I can't- not with everyone- not- not with- I- I can't-"

You ran forward and stretched your arms out. Techno fired the crossbow. Tubbo's actions didn't continue.

Neither did yours.

-----

1539 words (without a/n)

Header by @/lounixx on Tumblr (in a collab with @/calybrii)

Ok, I had to watch the festival vod to get most of the dialogue and HOLY SHIT did I get a fuck ton of nostalgia while doing so. Next chapter will have some spicy stuff (not sexual sorry if you're disappointed lol), so if you're excited for that, please vote and comment on this one! Also follow if you want :))) I hope to see you soon!

-Partially Human