"N-no," I forced myself up.

Harry tried to get Neville up, but his dancing feet caused them to crash down to the ground.

"The prophecy, give me the prophecy, Potter!" snarled Lucius Malfoy's voice. I saw Malfoy's wand pressing against his ribs, threatening him.

"No — get — off — me... Neville — catch it!"

Harry flung the prophecy across the floor, Neville spun himself around on his back and scooped the ball to his chest. Lucius pointed the wand instead at Neville, but Harry jabbed his own wand back over his shoulder and yelled, "Impedimenta!"

Lucius was blasted off his back. As Harry scrambled and helped me up, I looked around and saw Lucius smash into the dais on which Sirius and Bellatrix were now duelling.

Bellatrix. Sirius.

Fear and angry bubbled in my stomach and flowed through my veins. In a quick moment, I remembered how this ends— Sirius's death. I couldn't let that happen; I need to save him.

"Harry, round up the others and GO!" I looked up to see Remus shouting as he stood in between us and Lucius. As I looked over to Harry and Neville, I watched as the prophecy flew through the air and smash directly in front of us.

"Harry, I'b sorry!" cried Neville, his face anguished as his legs continued to flounder, "I'b so sorry, Harry, I didn'd bean do —"

"It doesn't matter!" Harry shouted.

As Harry tried to give more instruction, Dumbledore joined the fight. Only one couple was still battling, apparently unaware of the new arrival. I saw Sirius duck Bellatrix's jet of red light: He was laughing at her. Quickly, I looked around and saw Hermione's discarded wand. Anxiety and angry pulsed throughout my body as I picked up the wand.

"Come on, you can do better than that!" I heard Sirius yell.

Anger, fear, power hummed through my veins; energy I'd never felt before flowed to my fingertips as I pointed the wand in my hand to Bellatrix.

Sirius kneeled in front of Bellatrix, panting and laughing at her. His taunts succeeded in making her mad.

Words flew out of my mouth as my sight narrowed at Bellatrix and Sirius. The noise around me muted as I watched the red jet of light burst out of the tip of the wand slowly make its way to the pair as a green light made its way towards Sirius.

"STUPEFY!"

"AVADA KEDAVRA!"

The laughter had not quite died from his face, but his eyes widened in shock. It seemed to take Sirius an age to fall. His body curved in a graceful arc as he sank to his right. Instead of going into the veil as he was supposed to, he fell beside it, leaving his dead body to be seen.

I missed.

"SIRIUS!" I heard Harry yell, "SIRIUS!"

I couldn't save him...

Harry and I ran down the stone benches over to Sirius's lifeless body. Bellatrix Lestrange's screamed triumphantly, happy at her kill.

Tears blurred my vision at the sight of Harry wailing over his godfather's body. I had déjà vu as I watched Remus pry Sirius out of Harry's arms. My mind flashed between the scenes of Cedric and Sirius.

"There's nothing you can do, Harry —"

"I- I can save him!" Harry cried.

"It's too late, Harry—"