xxxii. kisses

Waiting around like a lost puppy, I paced the corridor before the Astronomy Tower. It was currently right after dinner; Harry, Ron, and Hermione were at the last DA Meeting before the Holiday, while I paced back and forth waiting for Draco to show up– like he said he would.

With only fifteen minutes left until curfew, I almost gave up waiting, but footsteps came up the stairs and echoed in the empty corridor. A bright smile sat on my face, but quickly fell when I saw who it was.

"I knew it," Pansy Parkinson laughed. "Especially since your little cuddle time in Cares for Magical Creatures last month, I thought you'd be the one he's sneaking around for."

"Come off it, Pansy," I rolled my eyes.

"No, I don't think I will. This is quite amusing, especially since think your little Prince Charming, Draco, will be coming to rescue you," she sniggered.

"I don't need rescuing, Pansy, I'm not you."

"Little lion wasn't to play, huh? Let's get to it," she laughed and pulled out her wand from her sleeve.

My wand lay in my nightstand, utterly useless regardless.

"I'm not going to fight you," I rolled my eyes again.

"I don't get why you're in Gryffindor, you're so weak and clearly aren't as courageous as your housemates," Pansy cackled. "Should have been a Hufflepuff like your little boyfriend—"

"Do you really need to stoop that low, Parkinson?"

"Ah, hit a nerve, huh, Harring?"

Pansy grinned at me, thinking she hit a nerve, but I wasn't as bothered as I usually would be.

"No, I just don't want you slandering his name with lies and blasphemy," I narrowed my eyes at her.

"Pansy, what are you doing?" a voice came from the end of the corridor.

Draco walked over to us, with something in his hand hidden by a napkin.

"Coming to visit your little Mudblood. Just wanted to let her know what's coming for her if she doesn't back off," she batted her eyes at him.

"Go back to the common room, you have no business here," Draco scoffed. "Leave before I report you for harassment and misuse of your title, prefect."

Pansy tsked at him and shot me an icy glare before running down the stairs and out of sight.

"You alright?" Draco asked sitting down against the railing.

"What took you so long?" I ignored his question, but followed his actions and sat down as well.

"Getting away from Crabbe and Goyle is harder than it seems, especially with all the prying questions," he rolled his eyes. "Plus, I wanted to snag a few Apple Danishes from the table for you."

"Aw, thanks," I smiled up at him and grabbed a pastry, "we only have Pumpkin ones at my table; they're not my favourite."

"Noted," Draco smiled. We sat in silence, eating out pastries in peace. As we finished them, I leaned my head on his shoulder, sighing deeply.

"What's wrong, Char?" Draco placed his arm around me and pulled me closer to him– as if it were possible.

I needed to get it off my chest. . .

"Can you keep a secret?" I asked him.

"Of course," he sat up straighter.

"No, I'm completely serious. It's extremely private and confidential," I turned to him. His eyes held wonder and fear, not knowing what I was going to tell him. "It's not anything bad," I added quickly, "but I just feel like I need to get it off my chest."