Chapter Seven: The Game

Start from the beginning

"Ma'am, since when was glass stronger than wood? Have you ever seen someone with a glass house?" John argued. Seraphina responded, "John, it's just a game chill! There doesn't need to be logic!" Seraphina had won that debate.

                          Boredom filled the entire campsite, as phones don't provide endless entertainment after all.  Seraphina was laying down in an oddly position when she asked, "Hey, what's for dinner?"

                            "Tacos-" started Arlo when he was interrupted by Isen, "MACARONI AND CHEESE!" The two turned their heads and glared at each other. Remi popped in the conversation, "I feel like we should be eating something healthy, like a salad perhaps?" Blyke turned to Remi, "When you're camping, who would eat a salad? Wait, I forgot you've never been camping before. What I would suggest is some good old spaghetti." And just like that, an argument erupted.

                            John and Seraphina was just watching from the distance when they all suddenly made their way to them.
Isen started yelling, "MASTER CHEF JOHN, WHAT DO YOU THINK IS A BETTER DINNER DISH FOR CAMPING? THE BEAUTIFUL AND DELICIOUS MAC AND CHEESE, OR TACOS??!" Bewildered, John replied slowly, "Master chef who-?"

                           "BUT, wouldn't salads be better?" argued Remi. Blyke stared at her like she sprouted 3 heads, "Leave the decision to people who actually HAVE been camping before." And that's when they all decided to have a cooking competition.

John wanted to make his best camping dish, a baked potato, but failed to do so, as apparently he was "too good of a chef" so they made him the judge. While John was sitting down trying to kill the urge to cook, Blyke and Isen were having another argument.

                             "Look, why are we BOTH making dishes with some form of PASTA?" Isen yelled. Blyke rolled his eyes, "Spaghetti and Macaroni are completely different Isen. Also, don't you wanna save some time, there's an HOUR time limit you know!?" Isen turned away from Blyke in a smugly manner, "Whatever. My dish will be far more delicious anyways!" Isen then walked away. Blyke quietly mumbled, "why even bring it up..." and continued working on his meatballs.

                              Remi was making a salad pretty calmly, as it's an easy dish to make. She added fruits, nuts, and the perfect amount of vegetables. She then poured in the perfect salad dressing made by her own ingredients from home. It took her 7 minutes out of 60. She sat next to John on the park bench satisfied with her work.

                             Seraphina was slightly disappointed, as she couldn't make an easy dish like Remi's salad. Seraphina decided to just make some grilled cheese sandwiches. Getting bread and cheese, and just doing her thing. Sadly, the rest weren't as calm and relaxed as Remi and Seraphina.

                             Arlo was trying to be calm and focus on his tacos but every 0.1 seconds he would turn around and start scolding Blyke and Isen, with it making absolutely no effect to their behavior. A pissed off Arlo is not a good chef Arlo, with him taking out his anger on the ingredients and then trying to fix the mess while scolding the other two under his breath.

                           Back with Blyke and Isen, their dishes were barely made by the 40 minute mark as the entire time they kept on bumping into each other and screaming in fury. John had to personally come up to them and stop them, with Arlo's permission of course (as he didn't want anyone to die that day). 

                              After Arlo placed his barrier separating the two from bickering, they were able to finish their dishes on time for John to judge.