Part 3 : please

Stella wasn't sure she understood what he meant. So she looked at him a bit confused, she had gotten a bit close so she could hear what he was telling her.

"A place? Is it your place?" She asked a bit frightened.

"Yes, but hear me out. I myself have places i could crash at, so i would just leave my place for you. If you'd like"

"That's really sweet but i'd rather just go some place else. I don't really know you" Stella said as she tried to remember his name "Kelly right? I wouldn't-"

But he cut her off "look your place burned down, and you can't go anywhere. What if your husband finds you?" He said softly "you don't have to worry about me, i repeat. I will not stay there with you"

"Are you sure" she asked a bit septic still.

"I am" he said offering her a sweet look "my sister" he wanted her to understand where he was coming from "she went through something like that. And i wish in this moment that i would have been able to do more for her. It just irritates me to see how one man can have such a beautiful woman in his hand and not value her"

Stella couldn't help but blush a little, it was nice for a change to hear beautiful words. Because of Grant she wasn't feeling very great about herself, she barely had any love for her.

"That's really beautiful what you said"

"It is just the truth, so do you still want to go by yourself or are you accepting a good bed and some blankets" he said smiling.

"Ok, i guess. But just for a little bit"

"You decide"

He let her walk in front without staying too close to her. He didn't want her to feel as if he wanted something out of her, he opened the car door for her and let her in the back seat.

"The back seat is good right?"

"It's perfect"

She got in and he drove, the first stop was the pharmacy. He took the prescription from Stella and got all her meds for her, he knew then she'd need some clothes. So he decided to go with her to the mall, and buy her one or two things she'd need.

Stella was happy after so long of being in that room and seeing only four walls. She was surprised to see her city again, she was in awe of every bit of everything. And she weirdly couldn't believe she was finally free, she looked at her wrists. They were still bruised, she felt them, it was heavy on her mind what had happened to her. And somehow she couldn't detach herself from everything she had went through, yes she was enjoying her surroundings but her mind was still trapped. Somehow she was present but she wasn't present.

As they arrived to the mall, Kelly opened the car door yet again for Stella.

"You don't have to do that every time" she said as she got out of the car.

"I do, we are going to go buy some clothes for you and then i'll get you home so that you can rest"

"Buy clothes, no." She said refusing to move "you've done too much already. I believe this would be taking advantage"

"It is not, look. It's going to be the last thing i do. Is it okay with you? You can't possibly stay with the same things on you"

Weirdly she just couldn't say no "okay, but that's it after that. I truly appreciate it, especially because you don't know me. You already saved me from that fire, and yet here you are still pushing yourself further to help me."

"You know sometimes there's that feeling, that unexplainable feeling where we know we are doing the right thing" He explained a bit emotional.

So she listened, she wasn't sure about the kind of feeling he was talking about but she made sure to listen thoroughly to him. And after that they went to buy the clothes along with some other things she might need. The way he would show her around, brought a bit of warmth to her heart. Weirdly she felt ok around him, the fear was still very much present and she could see him maintain a reasonable distance which reassured her.