Part 2 : hold on

No heartbeat. Stella was used to that. She was used to miscarrying and not even getting to hear the heartbeat of her child.

And as she heard the doctor she was brought back to the first time she got pregnant.

Everything was beautiful, Grant and her had been married for a year or so, and she had just found out she was pregnant but it wasn't the only good news she had to share with Grant.

"Hey baby, i was waiting for you" she said happy as she greeted him.

She could tell he was a bit high, but normally she wouldn't mind it. She knew he wasn't taking too much, it was just to help him focus on the job. Or so he said, so she kissed him as he hugged her. She was thankful for him and for the way he had been here every step of way for her. And although she was a bit scared to share the news with him, she was very excited.

"Hey" he said a he offered a slight smile. "You good?"

He wasn't much of a talker but Stella knew he loved her. "I have some news, some really good news"

"What is it Stella Bella?"

He would call her like that when he was high, it wasn't her personal favorite but she couldn't hate it either. So she decided to start by telling him about the job she had gotten. Thats something she was really proud of after being jobless and homeless, she was finally able to find something with the little bit of education she had.

"So i found a job and i start tomorrow"

"You got a what?" He said a bit fed up.

"I found a job, do you remember i told you multiple times that i was bored and all i wanted was to find a job after so long. I wanted to show how much you helping actually did help. Aren't you happy?" She asked as she touched his shoulder.

"No, you've told me multiple times how you wanted to work and what have i told you every single time"

"Grant, i don't care i want to work"

"Say it, what have i told you every single time you told me you wanted to work"

"And all i am telling you is i found a job, and i'm going to go"

But as she maintain a firm point of view on what she truly wanted, she saw the anger starting to build in his eyes and out of the blue he punched her.

The punch was so hard that she fell to the ground, instantly feeling a pinch to her lower abdomen. Tears started coming up, and as she tried to get up Grant booted her sending her back to the floor.

"Stop please, i have something else to say" the tears filling her eyes were unabling her to see him correctly.

But it felt like he was possessed, and as she she laid on the floor feeling like they were ripping something out of her she just couldn't defend herself.

"I am pregnant Grant" she shouted.

And as he heard those words, he stopped immediately but it was too late. Stella was already heavily bleeding.
__________
"Miss Stella" the doctor tried getting her attention back.

So she snapped out of her memories and she looked at the doctor "yeah" she said almost in a murmur.

Everything was so vivid in her mind, it felt like she was just going through it again.

"I was saying that we will give you a medicine to help get rid of the foetus. It shouldn't be long."

"Thank you" she offered what she tried to make look like a smile.