𝟑𝟎. 𝐩𝐫𝐚𝐲 𝟒 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞

Start from the beginning

" So..wassup with you?" Kamiri asked as soon as she caught up to his speed.

" What you mean?" she asked confused.

" How's life been treating you while i was gone?" he rephrased his question.

" Well..not too well. But it also made me stronger in a way. Since you were gone the only person who had my back was myself, i learned to do things on my own without depending on nobody for anything. I also gained from this, a relationship with God. Before your 'death', i knew there was a God somewhere, but i wasn't really into religion or anything. I was so depressed that my only escape was turning myself to God, and it may be one of the best decisions i ever made" she rambled.

Never thought I'd see the day separate glitter from gold
When friends turn into foes, but it's the life that I chose

Hearing that his sister gained something from his disappearing made Kamiri smile on the inside. He was happy that she learned something from it and didn't stay depressed.

But he also felt extremely bad that she had to go trough all of this alone. He knew that he missed important events of her life like: her graduation, her first day as a teacher, their birthdays and many more.

" When did you met Angel?" Kafeyah asked as they waited for the stickman to become green.

" I met her when i first got here, at that time she wasn't teaching yet and was still in college. As you know i was working for your man's grandparents, but even though they paid me well and still do. It wasn't enough for me to buy an apartment so i had to get a second job. That's where i met her, at first i was hesitant because i wasn't completely done with the street shit, but i guess that she really grew on me" he explained as they crossed the road.

" Why didn't you reach out to me earlier K?" she asked, she knew he already told her that he wanted to get his life straight first , but knew that it was just a part of the truth.

" I was...scared. I mean shit, i was posed' ta' be dead. I didn't want you to look down on me or hate me because all of this wasn't true. I wanted for you too keep this image of the good twin brother that i was before everything went down. Because i knew that once i'd reach out to you, everything would be different. For starter me. You saw and you had/have a hard time adjusting to this new me which i completely understand. Just like me who also had/have a hard time adjusting to this new you" he rambled

And these hoes look so heaven sent, but be so devilish
Got spiteful ways, never seen it coming like a tidal wave

" When i left you, you was still a baby in a way. You was depending on me for everything because that's how we raised each other. So when i got you back, i expected you to be this same persona. That's why i was acting such an ass toward you, i was so used to babying you that it felt weird not to do it. And i'm fa' real sorry for allat K, i just wanna start off on good bases with you because i really miss my twin" he sighed.

" If i haven't found out from Cyan, would you still have reached out to me?" she asked, this question's been on Kafeyah's mind for the longest and now that she finally had some alone time with her brother, it felt like the perfect moment to ask him.

" Fosho, i was going to surprise you on ya' birthday. You know...everything's been coming together in my life just now. Before nothin' was like this. I was still broke and struggling living in a one bedroom apartment. Trying not to get my shit clapped" he ranted.

Get on my knees every day, I ask God and prayed
That my dirty ways don't lead me to an early grave

" How did you pay off your debts?"