the first chapter

It was a normal morning for the rest of the world but for her it was not; it was shivratri offcourse. It was one day she was going to go all crazy and she was going to be so happy today. Everyone was coming here today and she was going to celebrate this day with everyone. She opened her eyes with a wide happy smile and looked around her and found herself in the embrace of her husband; mahn she loves this guy so much. She took a deep, dreamy sigh and started removing his locks from his face.

"You up?" he asked smiling and she nodded, vigoressly. "You look so happy" he caressed her face "something up?". And yet again he forgot, he always does and she was still not used to it and it had been three years "I told you yesterday, it's shivratri" she smiled and it didn't quite reach her eyes. He noticed but maybe she was just not as excited to talk to him as she was for this day, so he did not pay much heed to it "preparations done ?" he asked.

" Why? You wanna help?" she looked at home with hopeful eyes. He sighed " Gauri, you know I do not believe in him, I cannot even face him so let us not discuss this once again shall we?" he smiled a little. "But Om, just for this once, for me? Can't you stay ? It has been three years of our marriage and we have not done the aarti together, not even once" she asked. "Gauri, baby you ask me for anything and I will give you, tell me what do you need? A progression to take your shankerji to the temple? Or whatever it is that you do for the ceremony?"

"I don't need anything alright ? It is not a ceremony Om, it means something so important to me. Humare shankerji sirf ek belpatra aur gangajal mein humse bohot prasann (overjoyed) ho jaayenge" she dashed the sheets off her and stood to walk towards their cupboard. She took out her clothes and rushed into the washroom as soon as her feet took her

Three years, it's been three years since she never showed her vulnerable side to him. He had no idea why but she never cried infront of him which sometimes made him think that she was made of iron or something. He, on the other hand had cried a lot of times and as far as he could remember, she was with him ... since always. In those moments he believed that this woman was the best for him, he wont be able to fight the world alone and there she was, always ... his knight in the shining armour.

There was no doubt that he, Omkara Singh Oberoi would not do anything for her. At this point, he was quite sure that she owned almost everything that a woman could dream of and he won't back off even if she desired something, anything ... anything at all

Except love, he never loved her did he ? what was this they were living in ? Sure, to her it had always been her home, but was it happy ? she herself had no idea. For how long would she carry on with the façade of being this strong woman ? the pillar of 'Omkara Singh Oberoi' as the world called her so happily ? Hell, she was barely managing herself. She had to do something, anything ... anything at all.

"So you won't kiss me goodbye?" he asked and he knew she won't deny. But right now he wanted to see that smile she always had on her face every morning. She turned towards him and stood on her toes to give him his goodbye kiss but as her lips touched his, he held her face and took control. He kissed her as if he just wanted this so much that words could not describe. She closed her eyes and gave in, just like always.

"We will talk when I come home okay?" he said and she nodded. "Please come soon" was what he heard, instead of the smile.

The house was swarming with guests and family members, everyone was here from the oberoi family and everyone was smiling, enjoying the moment, working together for the preparations for the pooja.

"maa" came the voice of her little daughter. She came rushing to her, dressed in her little, cute clothes "maa .. maa how do I look ?". "Just like an angel" Gauri smiled. "An angel shankerji sent you ?" Anaya asked with a huge smile on her face and Gauri nodded. Anaya immediately engulfed her mother in a hug "I love you maa" said the little one". " I love you too baby" she replied.