Chapter 1 | English lessons

Yoongi tightens the knob to open the laundry door, but immediately moves his hand away.

He stares at the wooden surface, a grimace of annoyance cracks his expression.

Geez, he still can't believe about this whole bullshit: you and him, closed together in a little living space to study English, on Sunday afternoon.

Sunday. Afternoon.

Put all these small details altogether and you have the perfect horror plot. Or a crime news story. He can already image the title: dead body of the most annoying girl in the entire universe found in a washing machine. The police is after the last person who saw her alive (the brilliant, stratospheric Min Yoongi).

It wouldn't be that bad!

He lets out a small sigh, rubbing his face. He has no choice but to grit his teeth and put up with this situation.

"It's for your own good!" Hoseok told him yesterday, during their daily running before dinner. And he knows it, this is surely the ticket to his future; but still, the idea to stay this close to you makes him desire to pack his belongings and screw up all his projects.

Someone should build Taehyung a statue. How could he put up with you for two years, both mentally and physically?

A cold shiver runs down his spine just imagining his friend hugging you -or worse.

He shakes his head and catches a breath, finally determined to start your lessons.

Yoongi opens the door of the laundry with a twitch, aware he can't go back now. With little no surprise, you're already there, at your usual spot. You sit with crossed legs on the ground, leaning against a washing machine. You twiddle with the thread of your headphones, stare fixed on the pages on a book laying on your lap.

Ugh... yeah, that's definitely you. He'd recognise that disastrous hair tied up in a messy bun among a billion people.

This scene reminds him of all the times Taehyung talked about you -before committing the insane gesture to ask you out. He found you captivating, in a way he couldn't put down in words. On the other hand, Yoongi never cared about the reasons behind some of your weird attitudes and turned his brain off whenever his friend talked about you.