Chap. 1: "Life is unfair"

Rubble: Rubble is on the double !!

Rubble eats the whole slice of pizza, leaving all the other pups with their mouths open.
The pups look at each other before they giggle.
It's evening in Adventure Bay, and the sun is setting. Most of the pups are happy. Like Marshall the Dalmatian, for example, watching his best friend Chase talking to Skye. Or Chase who, with help from Marshall, is telling Skye jokes. Or Rubble who has finished eating and now wants to sleep and have sweet dreams. All these pups are supposedly "happy".
But Zuma, the Labrador is worried about his friend Rocky. He's never seen him so sad before.
Rocky is the least social of all the pups. He spends his time helping Ryder, dreaming, imagining technologies. He is also the one who plays the least.
Zuma is the opposite. He is the pup who plays the most.
Something is in Rocky's mind, Zuma can confirm.
The owner of the pups walk towards them.

Ryder: Are you ok pups?

Chase: We're fine. And Rubble is doing well too, he prefers to sleep.

Skye giggles

Skye: You're so funny Chase!

Ryder: Would you like to watch a movie?

Rubble: A movie !? Yes!!!

Marshall: Wow are you already awake?

Rubble: Always for a movie.

Rocky: Um ... Watch it without me. I am tired today...

Skye: Are you sure?

Rocky: Yeah ... I have a headache.

Ryder: Rocky? Marshall will ...

Rocky: No, no, no need. I just need a rest.

Zuma: I'm staying with Wocky!

Ryder: As you wish.

Chase, Marshall, Rubble, Skye and Ryder leave. But the cockapoo turns around with worried eyes on Rocky.
Skye is worried about everything. When someone is sick, when someone is sad, that's the nature of girls. They are more attentive and caring than the boys.
Skye can see that Rocky definitely lied to Ryder. If Rocky would have a headache, he would have closed his eyes and try to sleep. But this is not the case. Rocky doesn't blink, he doesn't move, he doesn't smile: he's sad. The cockapoo wants to stay with Rocky and Zuma but she doesn't want Chase to be sad on his own.
She noticed that the German Shepherd loves her. As a mate? Or as a sister? She doesn't know. But she knows that Chase loves her a little more than the others.
Skye sighs and continues to walk with the others to the Lookout.
As for Rocky, he gets up slowly and walks towards his green puphouse followed by Zuma.

Zuma: Dude .... What's going on?

Rocky: Life is unfair.

Zuma understood absolutely nothing of this sentence. He thinks that it's probably one of those phrases nerds say to themselves.
As Rocky goes to close the door of his puphouse, Zuma rushes in to enter.
Zuma enters his puphouse and Rocky lies down on the floor with eyes filled with tears.

Zuma: Tell me!

Rocky: I love Skye ...

Zuma is confused for a little while. He doesn't know what Rocky means, but a few moments later, without Rocky explaining to him, Zuma understands everything.

Zuma: Is it because Chase loves her too?

Rocky: Chase is strong, charming, loyal, and I ... just a bottle-recycling nerd.

Zuma: So what?

Rocky: Skye loves this Chase.

Zuma: You have to defend yourself man!

Rocky: How's that?

Zuma: You have to fight to get Skye!

Rocky: Violence is not for me. I don't stand a chance against Chase.

Zuma: I mean ... you have to fight without violence.

Rocky knows Zuma is a little right. He must try. After all, Skye can also be in love with Rocky.

At the Lookout, despite Rubble and Marshall's loud snores, Chase and Skye try to watch the movie.

Skye: Um ... Chase? Can I ask you a question?

Chase: You can ask me anything.

Skye: Do you think Rocky is fine?

Chase: Of course he's fine! You don't have to worry about him. Rocky has a special character.

This answer was not satisfactory for the cockapoo.