We Need to Make Amends

Start from the beginning

He was finding that harder to do the more he was around his wife's ex boyfriend's daughter. "I usually meditate and just let whatever come to me. I've been around so much chaos for the past few months so it really hasn't done anything for me creatively. Giving her a nod, Lucious tossed the drink back. Curiosity getting the best of her, Yana grabbed the papers she was eyeing up and down.

"You wrote this?" She asked. Lucious looked at her, seeing Cookie's song in her hands. Before he could object, Yana began to hum the lyrics. The melody coming together perfectly. "Who were you going to have sing this?" She questioned. "I'm thinking about having you sing it. We'll see how that works out." "Is this the outcome of a shaky marriage?" "The only thing shaky is your end notes. This song doesn't need added vibrato."

Yana slowly nodded. She could tell he wasn't trying to let her into his circle too much. He didn't have to. She wasn't dumb. She could clearly see things weren't too solid for the Lyon couple. She had read that Cookie and Lucious were generally tied at the hip but as of late, the two were rarely even seen in the same room let alone always near each other.

"So does your wife know in your new artist?" "Do you want an introduction or something?" "I just thought she was the one more hands on with new artists. Not you." Lucious glared at the back of Yana's head. Was this plan really worth him holding his composure? He wanted to just knock her in the back of her head and tie her up in a warehouse until Damon came looking. But he was trying to turn over a new leaf. Trust went further than torture.

"We are both equally involved with new artists. She has artists she's managing right now. Yall freshmen take up a lot of our time in the beginning. Once yall get settled, do your first performance in front of a packed crowd or open up for one our seasoned artists then yall only see us to get shit approved." "Oh so you're working to push me away. I got you." "I'm working to make you a star. Stop trying to play these head games with me. It won't work."

Yana smirked. If it wouldn't work then why was he getting so agitated? "Yes sir. So the studio. Should we go?" "Come on," Lucious instructed. When he first came across Yana, he questioned how old she really was. He wasn't sure if she was really around Reign's age or much younger. When Thirsty came back confirming that she was indeed in her 30s, he managed to relax a bit. He hated how his mind played tricks on him. He never should've thought for a second that Cookie could've been Yana's real mother.

As the two made it to studio 3, Lucious paused in his step. He could pinpoint Cookie's sultry tone anywhere. He desperately wanted to go into studio 4 and tell her how proud he was and just how amazing she was. Don't get him wrong. He missed his wife very much so. But he had to go through the motions. He didn't need to add fuel to the already brewing flames that was engulfing the family.

"You do the same thing when you know you fucked up too huh," Reign voiced, startling him. "What are you talking about?" "I check up without checking up on people who I know I've done wrong. Been 'checking' on Trey for the past few days. Look I'm sorry for causing trouble around here. Fucking up shit between you two but that is no reason for you to include Yana in this war you're waging." "Who told you that?" Reign pursed her lips, a young Cookie all he could see.

"I know what I'm doing. Don't worry so much." "Oh I'm sure you do know. But Yana is almost as crazy as Damon. And she has no problem speaking on her point. Look I remember when she told me that Damon was smashing an inmate and that's why he divorced her mom. I'm sure she knows it was Cookie. Now what she was told I don't know. But I'd hate for your plan to put your wife in an even more fucked up situation. And stop standing outside. Go talk to her. Apologize!"

He scoffed as Reign walked away. He would talk to Cookie when he was level headed. "Did you get lost?" Yana asked when Lucious finally stepped in the room. "Get out my seat." Yana rolled her eyes as she moved. "Hum those lyrics again." Doing as she was told, she couldn't help but to watch Lucious zone out. A melody playing in his head while his mind flashed back. Back to the last time he visited Cookie in prison.