Chapter 2

New Ruler

Elina lay on her bed with Suppasit on her chest and Mew beside her ,her hands light wrapped around the kids.

We have to talk later ... That's what Zelus said before he left for war . He insisted on joining the king though Mahron asked him to take incharge of the palace.

Back to present Elina appeared calm but she  was everything except calm .
She placed guards to gaurd the palace.
All kingdom women , children and old were moved to castle. Guards were instructed to wake her incase of emergency.
She was still nervous about taking over the throne and bringing up the kids. Ofcourse she was a royal. She was taught how to rule from birth, but Dresden was a big empire and people loved Mahron.

She was lost deep in thoughts and didn't notice when she feel asleep.

She woke when she felt something moving only to see Zelus staring at her with sad eyed while Mew was awake and his fingers were clutching to Zelus sleeves.

What happened in the battle she enquired.

We won , but Mahron is severely injured and didn't regain his conscious,you should prepare for the worst  Zelus answered.

********************************
Morning

The king was gone, whole empire mourned his death.

Elina was declared the queen and she took control over army using  Royal Emblem.
Zelus and loyal official helped her tame rebels and uncooperative officials.

No-one dared to degrade her , after all Zelus was no less powerful than Mahron.
He became little private and more indimating after he was denied the throne . Humiliating him won't end well for anyone.

Zelus had to handle the kids during whole ceremony. It wasn't easy at all. Suppasit wanted to take part in the ceremony.

He wanted to sit on sit on the shining seat but mama left him with his Dadda.

Meanwhile Zelus and Mew had hard time getting along. Mew loved sticking to Dadda, and Zelus badly wanted to hate him and yeet him off but his cute face made it hard for him.

Queen chose not to be crowned .

And Zelus used all his parenting and warrior skills to  keeping Suppasit from grabbing the crown

This kid loves shining things Zelus thought.

He could do nothing except grumbling to himself while the queen's maid tried hard to control her smile. Both the kids refused to come to her and opted to trouble thier Dadda.

//Evening

You can mourn now Zelus Elina said once the reached the bedroom.

For what? I hate him, I'm happy he's dead. But yeah he made sure to leave this little headache behind.  Zelus pointed to Mew in crib.

We both know you are sad Elina said
Zelus started sobbing..
What's the use? I didn't want him to go this soon, I hate him but he's my brother my blood. I tried everything to keep him alive but ....

He chose death even before going there Elina said Are you upset with me being the new queen.

"Never, but you'll let Suppasit become the next emperor right? He is the eldest" Zelus questioned. He is desperate, he felt wronged. Giving his son the throne would be the least he could ask for .

"That's not in my hands , Mew is Mahrons eldest son too. But both  will be trained equally." Elina answered frimly.

"I'll make sure my blood rules, I'll train him better"  Zelus said .

"And I'll make sure he won't become your puppet " She said "and don't even think about treating Mew bad".

She knew Zelus is threatened by Mew but she also know he likes him deep down else he would have turned the empire upside down when Mew kicked his face infront  whole army.

TBC

**************************************
Next Chapter will be about grownup Suppasit. Backstory ends here.

**************************************
//
What do you think about Zelus?
How will Suppasit and Mew grow up
How will Suppasit and Mew grow up?
_________________________________________

Comment your thoughts , it'll help me know ur opinion.✌️