Just A Regular Day.. Or Not

Spring 2012

Typical day in the local coffee shop in downtown Times Square, Zariah making coffee orders as they come in as Nina was at the register taking the orders. Zariah has been on Midgard for about 4 years now, masking herself as a normal Midgardian. She tries to not use her powers too much so she doesn't attract unwanted attention except maybe keeping her plants alive on the balcony of her apartment that she shared. Plants seemed to struggle a bit when it comes to the smog of the city. She didn't complain though, the years she has spent in New York have been a learning experience she doesn't regret making. Time is different between realms, so her being in New York for the 4 years is less in time in Alfheim. 

"Hey Zariah, Can you make a upside down caramel macchiato with no whip, please? Nina turned and asked her co-worker. Nina was a great friend and a wonderful person to work with. Zariah met Nina her first week in New York, Nina found her wandering in a sketch area of town and worried about her safety. Nina knows who Zariah really is, and as to the Goddess's surprise, the mortal wasn't scared of her. Nina was her first friend and also got her a job in the coffee shop and taught her as much as she could when it came to Midgardians. Zariah didn't have anywhere to go so she lives with Nina in her spare room. The two women got along rather well as if they were sister's themselves. 

"Of course! Do they want extra caramel?" She asked

"Of course! Do they want extra caramel?" She asked. The customer that was ordering gave her a nod and a big smile. Zariah adapted pretty well when it came to making drinks, she actually excelled in it. As the day started to slow down, the next shift was coming in to relieve the morning crew, which to the two women is a god-send. "Man! I cannot wait to get home and just sleep all day!" Nina exclaimed. As the new shift came in, she was wiping down her area for the next cashier. 

Zariah couldn't help but to laugh at her friend, "Nina, you always want to sleep. I think if you were a Goddess, it would be the Goddess of sleep!" her bluntness was one of the many things Nina loved about Zariah. She would tell you how it is but still be considerate of your feelings, as Nina would describe her, a "Pure Soul". One of the few that would be considered that. 

"You know it and I would rock that title so hard too!" Nina and Zariah laughed together as they leave the shop and head down the street to their apartment. As they got closer, they hear screams and see people running in different directions.  The Goddess felt something was wrong as they both looked up and see a hole in space massively rips open, and from this hole, a army of aliens; the Chitauri, spills out, carrying energy rifles with bayonets attacking the buildings as well as the citizens of New York. 

The girls ran as fast as they can to get to safety, Zariah stopped mid-run looking at the sky

The girls ran as fast as they can to get to safety, Zariah stopped mid-run looking at the sky. She had powers for a reason and she needed to use them. She looked at Nina who had a face of fear on her face, "I have to do something Nina. I am a Goddess, I have the power to fight." Nina was terrified more for her friend than herself, as she grabbed her friends hand, she held onto it tightly, "I don't want you getting hurt, I don't know what I would do if you did Zari." said to the goddess using the nickname she made for the goddess.

Zariah couldn't tear her eyes away from the portal as the massive army poured out of it. She knew in her heart she had to do something. "Nina, go the apartment and stay there. I will come back, I promise you." She grasp onto her friend in a tight hug ensuring her promise, as they separated Nina nodded slowly and started running in the direction of the apartment they shared. 

She started to run towards the main area where they seemed to gathered, she made quick work of getting the civilians to safety away from the monsters. She materialized from her coffee shop uniform into her battle armor and drawn her sword as she made her way towards the first Chitauri. She made quick work of the few around her, slicing and dodging with ease. 

Her fighting skills that she learned from her father came with ease as she slides along the ground slicing the Chitauri as she goes. She uses her telekinesis and throws the aliens as she's fighting with her sword. New Yorkers fill the streets in a panic as the monsters unleashed blasts, blowing up cars and storefront on fire. Explosions rip out the windows of buildings as flame and stone rain down which created a domino effect of explosions rippling across the bridge.

 Explosions rip out the windows of buildings as flame and stone rain down which created a domino effect of explosions rippling across the bridge

As she made her way further into the battle she sees a group of people she's heard of but never seen before, the Avengers. She could tell who was who,  Captain America stood out the most in his red, white and blue uniform and shield. Next was Iron Man, who was also known as Tony Stark, he wore a full armored suit of red and gold. Then you have Black Widow, an assassin, who was deadly as her name. Hawkeye, a archer that matches his name, she heard of his marksman skills and held him in high regards because he uses solely his bow and last there was someone she does not recognize from the t.v. but could tell he was not of this realm, his armor, cape and weapon which seems to be a oversized hammer gives him away of possibly a Asgardian, maybe a prince. Her father told her of the Asgardians and their ruler, her father was Odin's friend and ally but rarely used him for wars seeing how the realm was a peaceful one.

The group took notice of the goddess as she is seen slicing through the Chitauri and using her powers to throw them as well, a light purple mist surrounds her as a shield and as a weapon as she made her way closer to the super heroes. The one she is unfamiliar with flys off using his hammer to a large tower called "Stark Industries."

The captain stopped and turned to see the brunette running towards him and the others, seeing how she wasn't attacking them and only the aliens that are invading he determined for the moment that she wasn't an enemy

The captain stopped and turned to see the brunette running towards him and the others, seeing how she wasn't attacking them and only the aliens that are invading he determined for the moment that she wasn't an enemy. For now...

"Who are you?" 

1348 words

*I want to thank whoever is reading this. This is my first story I have written in years. I really hope you like it. I'm going to try and make this as long as I can. It will go all the way to Endgame*

** Again this is my first story so don't kill me**