E L E V E N - G E N T L E R O M E O

Romeo showed up at work on Friday. Knowing that he was just a few doors away from her kept her heart racing most of the day. Something about him made her feel so nervous. His eyes were icy and they almost seemed cold. His tattoos made him look intimidating even though she'd never seem him shirtless.

She had to do her job though. She had to check with him to see if he needed her to complete any tasks.

With harsh breaths, she dragged herself to his office.

Standing in front of his office door, she stared at it while her chest heaved anxiously.

With a deep breath, she knocked on the door and awaited his response.

"Come," Was his usual response.

The deepness of his voice made her flinch. She entered his room and spotted him seated behind his desk as usual.

"Hey," Romeo greeted with a sweet smile.

His smile was so contagious that it brought a grin upon her lips. Why was she nervous before?

"Hi,"

He chuckled at how small her voice was. He stood up and walked around his desk to sit on the front. He looked up at her to see her petite body swaying shyly with her fingers intertwined. God, she was so cute. His eyes trailed down her body and he bit his lip. She looked great today. She was wearing a simple black dress that clung to her body in all the right places. She wore red, high heels and images of her laying naked in his bed in nothing but those heels began to play in his mind.

"Come here, baby," He cooed.

Baby. That word sounded so good coming from him that it made her blush. Her feet moved towards him until she was standing between his legs. He reached around to grab her backside and pull her in closer to him. Her ass was small and firm and he couldn't help but squeeze her ass cheeks.

That simple action that he did was enough to make her pussy clench. What was it about him that made her libido go wild?

"How has your day been?" She asked.

He sighed tiredly, "I'm so exhausted. I just want to go home."

She pouted as she gazed up at him, "Aww, I'm sorry to hear that. You'll be okay though, you have a few hours to go."

He nodded, releasing a breath, "Yeah. Meet me in the car after work."

"Uh, yeah," She responded, furrowing her brows slightly.

"I need you to schedule two meetings for me." He said, releasing her to fetch two folders behind him on the desk.

She nodded politely, taking the folders, "Okay, sir."

He chuckled, running a hand over his beard, "Really?"

Realizing what she had called him, she giggled sheepishly, "I'm sorry."

Once he gave her the task, her brain went into professional mode.

"It's okay, hon. I'll see you soon."

She left his office with a smile playing on her lips. Somehow, he had managed to brighten her day just a little bit.

Later in the afternoon, around five p.m., she left her office and strolled towards the elevator. Throughout the remainder of the day, she couldn't help thinking about what may happen that evening. It was obvious he wanted to see her and she just wanted to be around him.

"Hailey!"

"Oh, God, no." She muttered under her breath when she heard a very familiar voice calling her name from a distance.

Sometimes, she'd take a cab with him into the city after work to get coffee or to take a stroll in the park, but today was really not a good time. Especially when her boss was waiting for her in the parking lot.

Clutching her bag closer to her, she picked up the pace, walking faster towards the elevator.

"Hailey!" He called again, his voice sounding a little nearer.

As she made it into the elevator, he quickly stepped in with a grin, "Hey, didn't you hear me calling you?"

Why was he so damn fast?

She forced a tight smile onto her lips, "Hi, Zach. Sorry, I didn't hear anything."

"Okay. Would you like to get some dinner?"

Usually, she'd accept his offer gleefully. She really enjoyed his company and he was a great guy but her boss was waiting for her.

"I'm sorry, Zach. I'll have to take a raincheck. There's something I need to take care of." She said.

He pouted playfully, "Aww, okay then. Text me later?"

"Yeah, of course."

Soon, the elevator came to a stop on the first floor, and he stepped out while she remained behind.

"Aren't you coming?" He questioned.

"Uh, no. My, uh, someone's picking me up." She answered nervously, biting her inner cheek.

He cocked a brow in curiosity. He noticed how anxious she seemed and he wondered if she was hiding something from him, "In the parking lot?"

She nodded, "Yup."

"Okay," He drawled, narrowing his eyes suspiciously, "I'll see you soon, then."

Whatever it was, he was her friend, but it wasn't his business so he decided not to question her any further.

"Have a good evening, Zach," She responded just as the doors closed, taking her to the ground floor.

Upon arriving in the parking lot, she spotted him a few cars away leaning on the hood of his mustang, scrolling through his phone.

"Hey," She greeted when she stopped at his feet.

He looked up from his phone with a sly smile, "Hey, you ready?"

Ready for what? She had no idea where he was taking her.

"Yeah,"

The drive to wherever was silent, except for the soft music playing in the car. Oddly, the silence was relaxing and she felt herself drifting asleep.

Soon, he pulled up in the parking lot of one of his favorite restaurants.

"We're here," He cooed, glancing over at her.

She glanced around taking in her environment before turning to him, "Dinner?"

"Yeah,"

She smiled sweetly, "Great,"

The evening was cool and relaxing. The restaurant was spacious and beautiful. Soft, jazz music was playing in the background making them feel even more relaxed. They both ordered uramaki sushi - A type of sushi dish where the rice is on the outside and the seaweed wraps around the filling.

The food was rich and delicious. She had never been to this restaurant and her first experience was amazing.

The couple talked about every and anything. They both enjoyed each other's company and she wished the night didn't have to come to an end.

He was a gentleman and she liked that. When they first arrived at the restaurant, he opened the door for her and even pulled out her chair. She couldn't recall the last time a man had been so kind to her. He had to be serious about being with her.

At around eight, they decided to call it a night.

"Thanks for a great evening," She cooed with an appreciative smile when he pulled up at her flat.

"Thank you, too. It was truly lovely," He responded.

Leaning over, she pecked his lips, "Goodnight, Romeo."

The small kiss she gave him left him wanting more. More of her, but he had to control himself.

"Goodnight, Hailey."