I love you.

Third Person's POV

It has already been several hours later.

Thankfully, the doctors found a blood match and already took Taehyung up for surgery. The surgeon had a talk with Jimin and Jae and told them that he'll do everything he can to make sure Taehyung survives.

Taehyung is still currently in surgery.

I hope the surgery turns out to be successful. Jae thinks.

Jimin is on the phone to Rave, checking up on her and the kids as well as giving updates. The rest haven't arrived yet as they're busy with helping Jimin's uncle in putting Mark and his parents, including Bomi, to prison.

Still sat on the chair, Jae is trapped in deep thought to the point where a memory appears.

The memory of that day when her and Taehyung were in the hotel room together.

FLASHBACK : THAT DAY AT THE HOTEL

After that passionate moment they shared, they laid on the bed with the blanket covering up their bare bodies.

Taehyung brought Jae close to him with his arm around her waist. She encircled her arms around his neck and he gave her forehead a kiss.

The body warmth emanating from their bare skins made Jae feel relaxed. The way he embraced her in his arms made her feel safe. The way he kissed her and articulated those sweet words made her feel loved. It made Jae wonder as to whether it was wrong to feel that way.

"I meant every word, Jae. I want to make this work." He conveyed.

Jae's hand held his cheek and she gazed into his eyes with fear. "Taehyung, you know we can't do this."

"Why not?" He questioned with sad eyes boring into hers.

"Because I'm with Mark." She merely answered.

She noticed his eyes brimming with tears. "You're supposed to be with me. You're mine. We're destined for each other."

"You know we can't." Jae attempted to persuade him. "This shouldn't have happened." Jae mind pondered about this situation. She thought if she wasn't engaged right now, this matter would have been different. She would have possibly accepted him back or would have given him an opportunity to prove himself.

"Answer me this, then. Does he treat you well? Does he show you he loves you every single day? Does he tell you how gorgeous you are?" He uttered one question after another.

For some reason, Jae couldn't answer any of those questions.

According to her, Mark was a good guy. However, his current behaviour occurred before Taehyung re-entered the picture. It was only until after her and Mark got engaged that his behaviour got more controlling and possessive. Initially, she didn't have a problem with it, but now it's starting to concern her.

Mark does say 'I love you' to her all the time. Then she wonders he wouldn't have proposed to her if he didn't love her. Right?

He does admire her looks all the time, but only during intimacy.

"Taehyung, you agreed that we must stay as just friends." She expressed after a small pause.

"That's the issue. I want us to have more than just friendship." He responded in a pleading tone.