𝑇𝐻𝐸 𝐹𝐴𝑇𝐸𝐹𝑈𝐿 𝐴𝑁𝐷 𝑇𝐻𝐸 𝐹𝐴𝑇𝐸𝐿𝐸𝑆𝑆

SPOILERS IN THIS CHAPTER 

(read story before reading this ) 

Thank you for your reads, and possible votes and comments! I wrote this story during a difficult time in my life and it's brought me a new perspective that I sometimes don't want to look at lmaooo. Anyhow, thank you and I hope you enjoy this short story as much as I did writing it. 

If you think the ending was a little out there, I don't blame you. I did too at the beginning when it came to mind but these are just a few hints that I left around the story to hint that Birdie was not real. 

- I describe that the lake never actually cracked; (chapter 2) "My arms plant themselves on the bridge's banister and we look towards the lake, soundless and untouched." 

- Lyric never actually introduced himself to Birdie (yet Birdie knew his name) 

- Birdie referred to Lyric as "Lye" or lie (cliche, Ikkk lmaoo hehe) 

- Birdie Ardolf (similar to Adolf because Lyric was learning about WWII era in school) 

- Birdie came from Florida, and Lyric previously mentioned it being his safe space.

- No one saw Birdie. The guy at the register, the driver, or the mother at the park. Everyone only talked to Lyric directly and often answered a question or statement that was meant for Birdie while it looked like Lyric was talking alone. 

- Birdie had intrusive thoughts because this was supposed to represent outside voices that follow certain mental illnesses. However CLARIFICATION. THIS IS NOT SCHIZOPHRENIA. Honestly, I don't know what mental illness Lyric has, but it certainly is not this one. If proper research is done, you may come across that the voices and hallucinations often heard or seen by a schizophrenic person is NOT interpreted in this story. Aspects, yes, but the actual illness is not this in-depth like how Lyric saw Birdie. 

- The footprints mentioned earlier in the story 

- The way that Birdie knew way more than what Lyric spoke about 

----

Overall, I hope you enjoy this story. 

Thank you for everything. All work is rightfully owned by the creator. 

 A.K MARĒT

x

🎉 Tapos mo nang basahin ang 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑭𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑭𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒍𝒆𝒔𝒔 🎉