Little Tyke

"Rise and shine, Gura," a blond girl wearing a detective's cap shook a small-statured girl with light-blue hair as she slept, "It's the tournament today... are you sure you still want to participate?"

"Ngh, yeah," Gura nodded groggily, slowly opening her eyes, "After what that guy said, I can't back down now."

"I know how you feel," Amelia said, "But there'll be some tough people there. It's the biggest gathering of magical creatures in the world, after all."

"I know, that's why if I were you I'd be worrying about my own hide," Gura said, now sitting on the couch she was sleeping upon, "You're just a human. A pretty damn strong human, sure, but a human nonetheless."

"That's true, I suppose," Amelia agreed, nodding her head, "Still though, I've got nothing to lose. I especially can't stop now. I want to support you, after all."

"Y-you don't have to do all that for me," Gura blushed, "But thanks, Ame."

"Anytime, Gura," Amelia smirked, "Let's get you showered, stinky."

"Wh- like you smell much better," Gura stammered, crossing her arms and rising to her feet."

...

"Woah, those are some pretty strong guys over there," Gura said somewhat awed, "Why are there so many of them over there?"

"I think I remember something like this," Amelia thought for a moment, "They call it the Eon Tournament. The most powerful people from across the universe can partake in it. They say the prize pool is huge. And since there's usually so many participants, you usually get paid a hefty amount for winning only a couple matches. I hear you can even get some special weapons if you get far enough."

"Damn, this sounds awesome!" Gura grinned, "Let's get in line! Please, Ame?"

"Sure. I know you can pull your weight," Amelia grinned in response, "I'll join too. I don't expect to get very far but hey, maybe we can make a bit of cash."

"God knows you need it, Ame," Gura rolled her eyes, "Crime's gone down since the police implemented the Hero Program, right? That means business is slow, doesn't it?"

"Wow, is our little Gura using her brain for once?" Amelia said in faux-shock, putting her hands to her cheeks, "What a momentous occasion! How rare!"

"Shut up, obsolete detective. Let's get in line," Gura grumbled and lined up. It was... a huge line, to say the least. It took nearly an hour for it to be their turn. In time, though, Gura and Amelia reached the front of the line, finding a man looking to be in his mid-twenties. He looked up at the two girls.

"Ah, Amelia Watson, I know you'll do great," the man nodded, then turning toward Gura, "We don't let minors participate, though. It looks bad on our part."

"M-minor?!" Gura said in shock, "I'll have you know I'm 9000-something!"

"Really?" the man said and smirked, clearly not believing the shark girl's statement, "And I'm the Great Calamity."

"It's distasteful to make jokes like that," Amelia crossed her arms, "And she is that old, actually. You're looking at the princess of Atlantis."

"I guess I can't argue with a detective. So Atlantis is real, then?" the man asked curiously, "I always thought it off as an old wives' tale, but the more you know I guess."

He scribbled away at a piece of paper.

"Name?" he asked the shark girl.

"It's Gawr Gura, don't you forget it!" Gura grinned, pointing at herself.