Chapter Five

REMINDER; PLEASE TELL EVERYONE TO READ, FRIENDS, INTERNET FRIENDS I WANT THIS TO BE A GOOD ONE! ALSO PLEASE GO READ MY BFF @xoxo_hayes0 NEW FANFIC! LOVE YOU ALL.

I walked into my house as Hayes followed. I gave my mom a slight nod to insure that I have what I needed. I slowly walked up to my room and tossed my painting onto the bed. I shut the door and slowly leaned against the door, breathing heavy. I smiled remembering how Hayes felt about me and it was a rush to think that for Hayes felt for me. I walked over to my bed and Laid back staring at the ceiling. I remembered who I was, and how Hayes and I could never work. Because I'm me, and when I realized that a big warm wave of sadness filled me and I lifted up.

I hung that paintings, and I stared smiling, admiring such beautiful work of art. I heard a voice from behind me, "Great aren't they?" Hayes questioned. I turned around smiling, with my arms still crossed, "mhmm, I really uh like paintings, they're the only thing that can truly change how something looks." I admired my words but remember Hayes was standing there and I wasn't alone. "uh ha, I think dinners almost done I think you should um, go." I mentioned laughing a little. He nodded and walked out softly shutting the door. I giggled a little bit feeling the warmth that Hayes and his presence brought to me. But still, the same doubt led me to believe that this could never work and I shouldn't let him in. I heard a whistle, and I knew dinner was ready so I hustled down the steps to see my mother pulling out a chair for me. I smiled and politely sat down, across from my brother. My mother, across from my dad. And Hayes, across from, no one.

Dinner was quiet, lonely. Like it was in the hospital. But different, because I didn't feel like I was the problem for my loneliness anymore. I smiled quietly, helping my mom with the dishes. We didn't talk, but her presence was enough to bring the joy I had and I was grateful for that little bit.

I went to go upstairs but my mom stopped me. "Please stay down here with us, were all going to watch a movie, for your first day back, please." My mom begged holding onto my forearm tightly. "okay" I inched a smile out. I sat beside my mom and Hayes and my brother on the far side. My dad sat in his chair, the same one he sat in before I left, not the new one. At least something was the same. We began watching the movie and it was quiet, content, and warm. I was happy to be home. I decided to let all the anger, hatred, and sadness slip away and become happy because what was life without being happy? It was cold and I didn't want to live that way.

halfway through the movie Hayes grabbed my hand. Holding it tightly, so I gripped tightly too. I smiled the biggest smile I've ever put on my face and at that moment I couldn't find something that would have made me happier. When you're stuck, scared, and alone, your life changes and you start to lose hope. But, I got mine back and I wasn't going to lose it.

after the movie, I walked upstairs and threw on a pair of sweatpants and hoodie and crawled into the bed I missed so much.

I woke up at 3 am to a rustling at the end of my bed. "HAYES!" I screamed and jumped again my wall. "I'm I'm sorry. Your parents were passed out on the couch and your brother wont shut up playing his game! I didn't know where to go!" He whispered giving me a hug. "I'm sorry I scared you." Hayes said kissing me on the head. "Its okay, you can stay but you have to leave in the morning and dont try anything, got it?" I questioned raising my eyebrow. "Got it!" Hayes smiled.