Chapter Two

I was a 5 foot petite girl with longer legs than a spider. I had long brown hair and blue eyes thanking god everyday that I am blessed to have those things, let alone the support of my family. I also had an older brother, named Kyle, who was unfortunately my twin. He used to spend every weekend in the hospital reading books or cracking jokes with me until suddenly he got a life and his sick sister was no longer a priority. I used to sit and wait every Friday hoping he would come until I figured out that he wasn't going to. Huh, sad right?

I finally arrived home seeing my porch I used to play on and the window to my room where I've cried and laughed all at the the same time. I've missed this place so much. I grabbed my bags running inside going up to my room and jumping on my freshly made bed, the same way I left it. Spotless. I heard my brother run upstairs and I ran to give him a hug when suddenly I figured out he wasn't running up to see me, he was running to see if his newly found "interest" named Hayes could stay longer. "Yes, cant you say hello to your sister? You know she's been struggling and you don't even care. Do not be so rude!" My mom said rolling her eyes just as I did. "Hi Renee!" My brother said running and giving me a hug. I know its weird for siblings to love each other but I really did miss him. He was like the thing I looked forward to every week and after he quit caring so did I, but I was glad he still noticed me. "And dont be too loud Renee needs her sleep Kyle!" My mom yelled looking downstairs. "No mom, I have laid in that hospital bed for Sixth and a half months no way am I going to lay in another one for another eight hours! I'm going on a walk!" I said walking out the door. I still sort of knew my way around the neighborhood and it was okay if I got lost, I'd be glad to. I looked around seeing beauty in everything I never have before. Like grass. Who sees beauty in grass? I do. The way it seems so soft and warm. The green brightens up your day in a way thats indescribable if you let it. After being a prisoner to my cancer I finally see things I never did before. Its life changing, being in a hospital night and day seeing that same four walls and same bulletin board with the same schedule on it, its exhausting. I continued to walk seeing how the leaves swayed in the wind and how the world didn't seem as bad as the doctors and nurses made it out to be.

When I arrived home my mother had started a batch of cookies as my brother and his friend sat on the couch. My brother continued watching tv as his friend stared me up and down, I gave him a weird look and then sat down on a big chair that my family must have gotten while I was gone. "Who's your friend Kyle? Nice of you to introduce us." I said chuckling. "Hayes" Kyle blankly said still looking at the tv.