That Was Dramatic

~~Hi guys! I just want to start by saying this is not my original idea. @zombiepunkrat wrote a stunning story called "The Kind You Save" followed by a sequel called "The Kind You Stop". Unfortunately, the sequel was never completed and hasn't been updated since October of 2016. I need closure! This story will be picking up right where their's left off so please go read them before you read this! I hope you all enjoy this<3~~

Bucky's POV

I slowly opened my eyes and saw I was in what appeared to be the glass cage Y/n and I had been kept in when we had been our most unstable.  Y/n. The memories from the mission started to rush back to me and I tried to sit up but quickly found I was stuck. I looked down and saw myself strapped to a table. I was held down by restraints and My metallic arm had a metal bar strapped over it, double bolted to the table. My leg ached and was wrapped in a thick bandage. Confusion, anger, anxiety all set in and I struggled to make sense of what was  going on. "What the f-"

"Buck. You're awake." I jerked my head to the sound of the voice and saw Steve standing by the door to the room, a look of relief on his face. 

"Steve, what happened? Where is Y/n? What happened to the mission? Why am I fucking restrained? Did I hurt someone?"

Steve took a deep breath, "JARVIS, have Tony come to the glass room. Tell him Bucky is awake." 

"Yes, Captain Rogers," answered the proper voice.

Steve walked closer to me. "Before Tony gets down here, I need you to promise me you will stay calm and tell me what you remember."

I struggled to recall the mission. Flashes of memory came back to me. My gun in my hands, following closely behind Y/n with her purple power creating a cool glow as we crept, splitting up only for a minute or two, and then pain. A splitting pain in my skull. Y/n's Y/e/c eyes as I held her face in my hand. Russian words, fouled by a German accent. "Goddammit," I muttered as anger began building in my chest, "They woke up the Winter Soldier."

Tony's POV

"DUM-E, think you can handle unbolting the Tin Man's arm?" I said and the mechanical armed tool whirred to Bucky's side and unbolted his metal arm from the table. 

"What about Y/n? Where is she? What happened?" Bucky was sitting up now, a green smoothie in one hand, the other anxiously dragging through his hair. 

Steve shot me a nervous glance. "Buck, you have to stay calm. Promise me."

Bucky looked between us and then looked down. "I'll do my best." 

"Y/n is missing. We found you unconscious in some kind of cell. She was gone. You've been asleep for almost five days. The last thing we heard was Y/n on comms saying something about the Winter Soldier being activated. By the time we got to you, she was gone. Nat and Clint are trying to decrypt the security cameras from the base but its HYDRA tech and after the base was destroyed... well, it's taking a while." Bucky looked defeated and hung his head. 

"It should've been me. They should've taken me. I told her to escape and she didn't listen....IT SHOULD'VE BEEN ME!", he yelled and launched the glass into the wall, shattering and splattering smoothie down the glass. 

Steve and I both jumped at the outburst. "Well that was dramatic," I said mostly joking. 

Steve and Bucky both glared at me. "Read the room, Stark." Steve snapped. I held my hands up, knowing I was one smart ass comment from a super soldier beat down.  

"We're trying to track Y/n but the last ping we got was from inside the base. They turned her tracker off, " I said, trying to read the super soldier's next move. 

"We have to find her, I'm going after her," Bucky said jumping up from the table landing on his injured leg and stumbling. 

Steve and I both took a quick step towards him, reaching out to steady him. "Woah big guy, that leg is going to need at least a week to heal. We can't have you limping after HYDRA and as it is, there is nothing we can do but wait for Natasha and Clint to do what they do and continue scanning for new HYDRA activity." 

"My leg is fine. You guys can sit here but I'm going after her." He stood himself up and began limping towards the door. 

"Buck-", Steve started to say.

"No, Steve! Don't Bucky me.  Y/n helped me, even after I held a gun to her head. She sat outside this room for days, just keeping me company while I fought demons. I have almost killed her multiple times when I was too fucking weak to handle my own mind and she didn't run.  She has loved me no matter what, stayed at my side no matter what and I can't abandon her now. What kind of person would I be if I just left her to die after everything she has done for me? How am I supposed to say I love h-" His voice broke and he dropped his head looking at the ground. "How am I supposed to say I love her if I just give up on her now?"

Steve and I looked at each other sadly as Natasha walked in. I turned to face her.

"Tell me you and Bird Brains have something."

"We broke the encryption on the security footage from the base but..." She trailed off looking at Bucky's dark face. "Thor's here and he brought his brother."

Y/n POV

"Wake up! It is time for your final test." The German man you had come to know as Otto barked over the intercom. He was an upper level HYDRA agent and had been responsible for your training and supervision. You flinched as two men came into your cell and grabbed you by the arm. They dragged you back and forced you into the smaller reinforced metal room attached to your cell. As soon as the door shut high pitched whine began to fill your brain, making it nearly impossible to focus as pain took over. You doubled over holding your head trying to fight the reverberating squeal in your mind. 

"Fight it! Complete your task!"Otto yelled. You fought the pain and summoned your powers. Hatches in the wall opened and small guns began firing bright bursts of hot energy at you. Using all the control you had, you threw your purple energy at the blast affectively neutralizing it. Bullets began to spray and you held your hands wide in front of you and a purple shield absorbed the bullets. Finally a metal door slid open and a man in tactical gear with a large gun walked out and began striding towards you, he aimed to fire and you used your powers to throw his gun against the wall. In seconds he was holding your wrists so you couldn't hit him with a blast of your power. He threw you down to the floor and was on you, choking you until you began seeing stars.

"Fight him! Use your power or die here! Are you truly this worthless?" You swung your fists wildly, trying to land a punch loosen his grip to no prevail. As you fought to breathe, he squeezed harder. As you started to black out a face appeared in your mind. Blue eyes crinkling as he laughed, hard shiny metal meeting soft skin at the curve of his collarbone, his dark hair falling in his face as he bent to kiss you. A deep aching sadness filled you as you struggled to breathe. Bucky. With the last of your strength you pushed the sadness out of your body and through your hands, screaming in agony. A final thought passed though your mind as you began lost consciousness. "I love you, Bucky," and black ink flew at the agent with his hands around your throat.