Snape knew Neville had a pet toad.

This was simply cruel.

"Ok, uh-" Y/N pulled her wand out of her pocket and pointed it at Neville's hands, "-you can use this whenever you need to clean something."

"Scourgify" she muttered, her wand emitted a dim yellow light and left Neville's hands clean.

"Thank you!" He said, enveloping Y/N into a warm hug. "I have to check on Trevor!-" 

And with that, he took off at a near sprint up to the boys dormitories.

***

"He's brilliant!" George said as he and Fred sat down.

"He knows everything about how it really is, you know.. fighting dark wizards" Fred added.

Everyone in the school spoke about how incredible Professor Moody's lessons were. Though Y/N didn't this anyone could top Remus' lessons, she was still intrigued.

"Come on Hermione we're going to be late" Y/N said as she leaned against one of the shelves in the library holding both her and Hermione's school bags.

"Just one second-" Hermione said scribbling something down onto a piece of parchment. "And.. done!" She said smiling. She stood up and they both speed down the halls to their very much awaited Defense Against the Dark Arts class.

They both arrived out of breath at the front of the classroom. She and Hermione walked up to Ron and Harry who both seemed eager for the lesson.

"Been in the library" Y/N said as they reached Harry and Ron.

"We know" Said Harry playfully rolling his eyes, "you've both been in there all week"

"Yet- you still won't tell us why" Ron huffed.

Hermione and Y/N shared a small grin. "We actually finished today" Y/N said.

"Well then! What is it?" Ron asked impatiently.

"We'll tell you later"

"But-"

"C'mon, or we won't get decent seats." Harry said, he was interested to know about whatever it was Y/N and Hermione had been working on, but this class was his top priority.

They rushed into four chairs right in the front row, Y/N sat besides Harry and Ron sat with Hermione. They all took out their copies of The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self- Protection, and waited for Moody to walk in.

It didn't take long before Moody walked, in. He took long strides and walked at a fast pace.

"You can put those away," he said in a deep voice, walking over to his desk and sitting down, "those books. You won't need them."

They returned the books to their bags, when Y/N looked back up, she was rather intimidated to see Moody's normal eye looking down at a list of student names, and the magical eye fixed on her.

It was unnerving.

Moody began to call out student names, his normal eye moving down the list while his magical eye swiveled around.

Though he seemed his eye kept drifting off towards Y/N, waiting to find out what her name was.

"Black, Y/N?"

"Here" she said, his eye darted towards her. Then he moved on.

"Right then," he said, after calling the last person, "I've had a letter from Professor Lupin about this class. Seems you've had a pretty thorough grounding in tackling Dark creatures — you've covered boggarts, Red Caps, hinkypunks, grindylows, Kappas, and werewolves, is that right?"