Chapter 14 - Contingency

Start from the beginning

Despite her crying, Victoria was able to hear the crackling and bubbling as Steph's bowels voided itself further into the Goodnite. Steph kept crying as she was powerless to stop the shameful act. Unlike the previous day, today's mess was much more less liquid, though not quite solid. And while yesterday mess fell out of the elastics of her panties, the Goodnite were a snug fit and the elastics were much tighter. This caused the mess to spread up the back wards her waist. 

Victoria stood beside her friend and noticed the Goodnite she was wearing. "Steph..." she said patting her back. It's okay, it's okay" She kept this up until her cries were reduced to sobbing. "It's okay, let's get you cleaned up okay?"

Steph quietly nodded and hobbled forward, keeping her legs together out of fear that the mess would squish forward to the front. Halfway to the washroom she felt another cramp and reflexively pushed, letting out a much wetter sounding deposit. Victoria could feel her tremble as she was about to resume crying but she held her tight "Hey we're almost there." she kept repeating as she guided her friend until they got into the washroom.

"Did you want me to stay here and help you?" Victoria asked Steph. 

Steph shook her head indicating a no. "I can do it myself". 

With that Victoria nodded, closed the door, and left Steph to clean up by herself.

------------

"Steph was wearing a Goodnite... She was wearing a Goodnite?"

Victoria's was filled with so many questions, "why was she wearing one? Was she doing it this whole time too? Where did she get it? When did she get it? Was it last night while I was at Rick's? RICK!"

She remembered that she left his message on read and grabbed her phone from her purse, noticing it was almost out of battery. She went into her room to grab her charger and noticed Steph's discarded jeans and panties on her floor, along with the open pack of Goodnites. Victoria felt a pang of guilt. 

Here she was worrying about texting a boy while she caused her friend to resort using a diaper and soiling herself. She plugged her phone in and went back to the living room to tidy up. As she waited for Steph she put away the dried dishes, folded the shopping bags for later use, put the chairs back in place. Shortly after finishing her chores she heard the washroom door open and Steph emerged wrapped in a towel. 

"Hey..." Victoria said waving her hands gently. 

"Hey." was all Steph could say before entering her room and locking the door. 

Victoria began to panic. "Oh god she's pissed. She hates me. It's all my fault." Victoria stood still but her mind was pacing back and forth. 

She heard the door click and Steph walked towards her, avoiding eye contact. Before Victoria could speak, Steph spoke up. 

"I'm sorry I took a Goodnite without asking." Steph kept her gaze down and had her hands on crossed, holding her elbows firmly with each hand. 

"What? Oh, no! Don't! You don't have to apologize for that." She leaned in and hugged Steph. "I should be the one apologizing. I took too long... I should have just let you in when you knocked. Because of me you had to put it on or you would've... you know..."

"God, what is wrong with us?" Steph blurted out. "All we keep doing the past couple days is apologize and cry and- and- and soil ourselves." She was laughing through the tears. 

"And laundry..." Victoria chimed in. 

"Yes! I am sick of that laundry room. And all the showering. and washing is making my hair and skin dry."

Laughing about everything they went through together, the two were quickly able to move past the stage of crying over their bodily mishaps.

"You know Steph, after earlier I'm seriously considering wearing them more..."

"The Goodnites? If that's what you want, whatever you think is helpful, I'm okay with it. But, seeing how I stole some of your inventory, should we do finished up that online shopping?" 

"Yeah that's a good idea. I'm not sure how fast it would take me to go through the pack. Let me grab my phone." 

Victoria grabbed her phone from the nightstand and remembered she still needed to get back to Rick. Walking back to the couch, Victoria reopened his message and her excitement was clear as day. 

"Are you texting Rick~~~?" 

"... yeah" She smiled. "I just need to get back to him about my schedule." She finished texting her reply before sitting down. 

The two of them looked at the options on Amazon, but also considered some more sustainable options but things like adult cloth diapers were far too bulky, and though they considered the many options for leak proof panties for mild incontinence and periods, Victoria felt like they didn't quite provide the adequate amount of security she wanted. 

After some deliberation and research, Victoria decided to settle for the small pack of Goodnites. After all, this wasn't meant to be a long term thing. Just enough to get her through the season. 

"I can't believe I'm actually dong this." Victoria says as she confirms her order. 

"Hey, I think you're making a very informed and well thought out choice. You stress enough about studying as it is, I support you okay?" 

-DING- 

Victoria's phone lit up, showing a brand new text message. She smiled and sent a text back. 

"Well?" Steph asked expectantly.

"I got a date on Friday!"