12 : 𝖨𝗍 𝖢𝖺𝗇'𝗍 𝖡𝖾 𝖩𝖾𝖺𝗅𝗈𝗎𝗌𝗒

Start from the beginning

"Really?" She handed him the towel. "Here you go."

Beomgyu let the fabric plop to his stomach. He stared at it blankly, blinking. His mouth contorted into a frown, nose flaring up in annoyance. The truth was he couldn't do it. He had been complaining to me about how he couldn't move a muscle for days. I tried to bargain, having to wipe him as well, but he would decline out of shame.

"Well?" Caroline raised a brow. "The towel's not gonna move all by itself, boy."

"Why can't I just sleep yet?" He winced. "I'm tired."

"Because," she checked her watch. "You're supposed to eat and take your meds in five minutes. Y/N, can you do me a favor?"

I looked up. "Hmm?"

"There's a bowl of macaroni soup I slid into the fridge. Can you please reheat it and bring Gyu's prescriptions too?"

"Sure."

I sprung up from my seat, grateful that I finally had something to do other than watch Beomgyu cry and complain. I knew catching fever sucks big time, but taking care of your sickness instead of getting rid of it was a no-no; sadly, it was what he's been doing. I remembered my mom's advice; to battle sickness, you must pretend that you didn't have one. Your mind would eventually trick your body into healing. I didn't know how it was possible, but it worked.

I trodded to the kitchen, humming silently to myself. I opened the fridge, scanned the compartments, and found a bowl. That must be it. I jogged up to pick the radio, tuning it on before I proceeded my task.

"We broke up a month ago. Your friends aren't mine, you know, I know."

"You've moved on, found someone new. One more girl who brings out the better in you."

"And I thought my heart was attached for all the sunlight of our past. But she's so sweet, she's so pretty. Does she mean you forgot about me?"

Caroline's face flashed into my mind. I realized, she had dyed her hair blonde. She looked dazzling. My brows stitched together in confusion. My heart did a slight tug. I tried to ignore it, shoving the soup into the microwave. A beep rang as I set the timer. Leaning against the counter, I closed my eyes.

"Oh, I hope you're happy, but not like how you were with me. I'm selfish, I know, I can't let you go."

"So find someone great but don't find no one better. I hope you're happy, but don't be happier."

I suddenly thought of Beomgyu. We danced in the rain and now, he's sick. I felt guilty. Caroline was back in his room, probably talking to him, letting him rest, or God knows what. My lips twitched into a frown. I shouldn't be concerned about the idea of them being together in a room. I shouldn't be.