9- 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙣𝙚𝙬 𝙜𝙞𝙧𝙡, 𝙮𝙖𝙨𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙤

—————————
"i'll die without regrets.
or,
that's what i'd like to say.
truth is, i do have one.
it's that i never
got to marry you."
——————-

hanako pov

hanako pov

i haven't seen y/n all morning, which is strange because she usually visits during her lunch break.

after yesterday, i didn't know how to feel. she was going to die? my heart hurt just thinking about it.

i decided to visit her during class, just so i could make sure she wasn't dead yet. she hadn't specifically said when she would die, she just said soon. that gave me hope, maybe i had at least a month? even a week would be enough.

i quickly rushed to her desk and let out a breath of relief when i saw her sitting there twirling her pencil in her fingers.

i wrapped my arms around her neck and rested my face on her shoulder. she looked shocked for a second but leaned her head on mine as naturally as possible.

since she was the only one that could see me, it would be strange if she suddenly hugged me, or kissed me for that matter.

"y/n-chan, will you be going to the washroom with me during break?" i whispered into her ear, smiling.

instead of answering me, she took a deep breath before writing something down in her notebook. i looked over at it and was disappointed by what i saw.

"i'm sorry hanako, i'm actually eating out today." i frowned. "that's fine, just make sure you're here after school, yeah?"

she froze.
before nodding slowly, giving me a slight smile.

i rested my head on her shoulder and played with her hair slightly for the rest of class.

once it was over, i gave her a peck on the cheek before returning to the washroom smiling.

i love that girl.
i thought to myself with confidence. i would never forget her, no matter what.

3 months later

2nd person pov

i chuckled to myself. it had been 3 months since i became the 6th wonder, since hanako forgot about me.

despite my efforts, i assumed tsukaka saw the crystal i gave hanako, and disposed of the paper on it or maybe even the crystal itself.