7- 𝙟𝙚𝙖𝙡𝙤𝙪𝙨𝙮

"imagine if one day you wake up, and you are the only one left."
"that sounds awesome! where do i sign up?"
"y-n!!"

""that sounds awesome! where do i sign up?""y-n!!"•••

y/n pov
(flashback from last week)

i don't know how to describe it. that feeling of seeing someone you loved with someone else, someone you couldn't care less about.

but yet here i am, forcing a smiling while my sister gets with the guy i liked.

she knew, too. i told her everything. all of it. the moments i had with him, heck, i practically recited every word he said to me as if it was some writing assignment for school.

but,
no matter how hard i try,
i cant bring myself to hate her.

so, after i congratulate them i head to that same familiar washroom. i didn't care about class, or the whispers in the halls as i walk past people.

the whole school knew i liked him, i wouldn't be surprised if he knew too.

jealousy

that's what i was feeling, why wouldn't the aching feeling in my stomach go away? it hurt. it hurt so bad.

before i knew it i had fallen into hanako's arms helplessly, and he sat quietly with his head on my shoulder.

he knew everything, he tried to make a few jokes to lighten the mood but eventually the silence was comforting enough.

PRESENT TENSE

"hey..did you hear about the 5th of the 7 wonders? the 4pm bookstacks...apparently the books you read tell you your past, present & future. but never, ever, read a black book. otherwise the 5th mystery will murder you for seeing its secrets."

'ugh another rumour, can't they just leave the seven wonders alone?' i groaned. slouching my back.

"a pretty girl like you should not be slouching her back." a medium voice said, walking up to me.

i turned my head to see a strange girl with green hair. "hm?" i straightened my posture as she started walking next to me now.

"sorry, let me introduce myself. my name is sakura. i came to talk to you about hanako." she smiled.

i was taken aback, how did she know about hanako?

"who?" i asked dumbfounded. "care for some tea?" she ignored my question—before i got a word out she linked her arm with mine and dragged me into a strange room.