"I love you too Juli-Bear," I went and gave dad a really long hug that should last us until I can get a chance to visit home, then we parted ways.

~

I briskly walked down the long corridor looking for my room. 205? Nope. 207? I don't think so. What number did mom say again? Ahg this is frustrating. I've been trying to remember my room number for maybe three minutes now and I keep drawing a blank. Maybe I'll listen to some music, it always helps me remember things. I scrambled to find my Air Pods in my purse and quickly put them in. The first song that played was Freakum Dress. Nothing like some Queen Bey to make me feel better. I walked down the corridor with many rooms. Then it hit me, the rooms are album assigned and my RA told me that I got the B'day room. I jogged down the hallway to my dorm. This is where I'll be living for this new chapter of my life. I grabbed the handle and twisted it. As the door opened, the first thing I noticed was a short girl standing by her bed having a full blown concert.

"I'm sorry Mrs. Jackson 'oooh' I am forreeeeaaaallll,"

"Nevah meant to make ya daughtah cry, I apologize a trillion times," I sang along.

The girl jumped and spun around, quickly ripping her air pods from her ears, "Oooh Jeez- you scared me!" she said frightened, grabbing her chest breathing deeply. I noticed that her eyes were red and slightly puffy, like she had been crying. She let out an embarrassed laugh, "I was just.. You know...unpacking and what not," she said with an abashed smile.

"It looks less like you were unpacking and more like you were having a concert," I chuckled. "At least you have a great taste in music,"

She looked down bashfully, "Thanks...Julia, right? Or are you the RA?" she asked curiously.

"No RA, just plain ole Julia Day," I cheesed.

She laughed, snapping her fingers as if she was at a poetry slam, "Ok bars! I see you!" she said hyping me up as she walked over to me, holding out her hand for me to shake, "Well hello Julia Day, I'm Sasha Z, it's so nice to finally meet you in person, and not on a computer screen," she said.

"Well It's finally nice to meet you in person too, Sasha Z!" I replied, shaking her hand. She's pretty chill and laid back, I like that. I was so scared I was going to get an uptight roommate and she seems to be the exact opposite. Maybe this roommate thing will work out really well and I won't have any roommate horror stories to post on twitter. What questions should I ask to get to know her more? Meeting new people is hard. "So...how was your check-in process? I'm sure by now you know that my mom is the Dean, since she's the one in charge of the Check-ins. She's always so eager to tell people that I'm her daughter, although I really wish she wouldn't," I said with a playful eye roll.

She gave me a weak smile, "Yeah, she was quite happy to tell me that, but I don't know if that same sentiment can be expressed about me being here," she said with a shrug and a slight chuckle.

I grimaced slightly, getting an idea of what she meant, "Yeah...my mom can come off really strong sometimes, but I promise she's not that bad, she's just testing you, she wants to see if you can handle the pressure of college or not. She's always stressing to the incoming freshman that 'This isn't high school, and college is a different ball game, and yadda yadda yadda," I said, rolling my eyes and making an on and on motion with my hand as I mocked my mom's mantra, "You think hearing it once is bad, try hearing it on a daily basis," I jokingly replied.

She laughed as she nodded in understanding, "Yeah, you definitely have a point there. But other than that, everything went smoothly, well at least until a team of movers showed up to deliver all of this," she said motioning to all of the boxes in the room. I looked around and took note of the headboard and mirror, very impressed yet intrigued, they both looked really expensive. Is that gold AND marble? Her family must be really wealthy, I thought to myself, "She was not a fan of that,"