Facing Crusher

"Crusher!" Blaze called out as soon as he and Roarian entered the tower.

The place looked exactly like how it is on the outside; dark, blue and gold. The halls were empty as they drove across it.

"Crusher, we wanna talk to you!"

"Blaze!"

The duo turned to see Pickle zoom out from one of the corridors.

"Pickle!" Blaze sighed in relief. "You're okay!"

"And so are you!" Pickle beamed. "What are you and Roarian doing here?!"

"We, uh... came to talk to Crusher."

"Talk?" Pickle raised an eyebrow, a gesture that Blaze had seen him do once and that was to Crusher. "Really? Well, sorry if that sounds doubtful,"

"I know it's a slim chance, but it's the only option we have." Blaze sighed.

"Blaze, that isn't gonna work, you know?" Pickle told him with a sigh. "Crusher... he... he's different. He's been acting different since we found that Moonstone,"

"Different how?" Blaze asked.

"The Moonstone can corrupt a user," Roarian explained. "Especially one with dark or hidden intentions,"

"Corrupt? Oh no..." Pickle grimaced. "That explains why he's been acting so weird!"

"Then come with us, Pickle," Blaze told the green truck. "Help us free Crusher from that Moonstone and the Sunstone,"

"But... it's either I'm with him or against him..." Pickle murmured before shaking his head. "No, you're right. The Moonstone is corrupting him, and I... I want my best friend back,"

"Glad to hear it," said Blaze. "Come on."

Meanwhile, Crusher was on the very top of the tower, glancing over at the park. Earlier, he had felt his rocks being sliced up and destroyed, and when he saw the broken cage, it enraged him.

"DRAT!" he snarled. "Where did those goody-goods go?! And how did they get out?! That cage is indestructible!"

"Uh... Crusher?"

The dark blue truck turned around to see Pickle standing by the doorway, looking awfully nervous. He narrowed his eyes at him.

"What is it that you want Pickle?" he asked with raised eyebrow.

"Uh..." Pickle swallowed. "someone's here to see you..."

"Who...?" Crusher growled, not having a good feeling about who it could be...

"Blaze and Roarian...?"

"WHAT?!" Crusher snarled, eyes flashing icy blue as the black rocks rose beside his tires. "KICK THEM OUT! I DON'T WANT THEM HERE!"

"Maybe you should at least... hear them out," Pickle said. "They just wanna help you."

"I. Don't. Need. HELP!" Crusher's rage peeked, and at the last word, he stomped his tire, causing black rocks to move all the way to Pickle.

"GAH!" Pickle jumped out of the way. "C-Crusher... you've changed... a lot. I only want the Crusher I know and love back."

"..." Crusher hissed, taking one what the other spoke before shaking his head, eyes gleaming more in gold and blue. "This IS who I am now. You are either with me or against me, Pickle. Pick. Your. Side."

"If..." It pained Pickle to say this, but he knew he had no choice. "If this is the new you, then I don't want any part in it."

The answer was apparently NOT what Crusher was searching for as the rocks beside him rose at his rage. His eyes glowed brighter than ever, along with his body as he gritted his teeth.