What Was Left Behind (Alt. Ending)

Alternate Ending

Crusher was gone.

X

The rain poured hard as the whole city gathered at the park. They were all wearing black, most of them crying as the casket was raised to be shown to the city.

Grammy was one of the ones crying the hardest. She knew nothing of the Moonstone or anything that happened to her grandson.

All she knew was that he was gone.

And she wasn't there to save him.

Pickle was the other in a breakdown. He was crying waterfalls as he knelt down in front of his best friend's casket. His family came around to comfort him, but his tears wouldn't stop falling.

The guilt wouldn't stop coming.

The guilt that he wasn't able to save his best friend.

Nor tell him how he felt.

Blaze could barely look at the casket without having everything bring him down in guilt. The memories he saw in Crusher's memories... they haunted him, pained him, yelled at him for not being enough.

For not being a good enough friend.

For being the one to lead the dark blue truck to his death.

No wonder Crusher never did anything right or heroic.

If he did, he wouldn't be alive for so long.

With a flash of lightning and a grumble of thunder, the casket was lowered into the ground.

X

It had been weeks since the funeral. Things weren't the same.

Every race felt empty without the resident cheater. All the racers felt awkward passing by his pit, even when it was closed down. Blaze wouldn't even dare to use his Blazing Speed to win races and just let everyone else won.

He had owe it to Crusher to do so. It pained him to think that he was still doing what he did when his rival was still around.

In those weeks, there had been a notice of a murderer who had killed Crusher's parents Krisha and Calvin.

Pickle was the prime subject since he had been caught in the act.

But once he had listed their crimes, he was free to go.

Free to go and jump off the bridge on the other side of the city.

And in a few days, another funeral was held.