At The Race

Soon, it was the next day. That morning, there was gonna be a race, and Crusher was more than ready to use his powers.

Pickle was both happy and worried about Crusher's new abilities.

On one tire, powers are cool, and Crusher getting them could be something interesting for both of them. It may ALSO even out the 'magic count' Pickle had between Crusher and Blaze.

On the other tire... Crusher seemed to have learned how to use powers a little TOO quickly. By the next morning, Crusher managed to get control over the rocks, which would be a good thing, but something about it made Pickle's stomach churn in an uncomfortable way.

The whispers he heard the previous night didn't help either.

But Pickle couldn't bring it up. He didn't know how to bring it up, anyway.

So he found himself helpless as he followed his best friend to his pit in the Monster Dome.

"Ooh, I can NOT wait to see Blaze's face when he sees the rocks," Crusher cackled, practicing his powers as he allowed a few rocks to appear from the ground.

"So... are you planning to trap them with your rocks or block their paths?" Pickle asked, though either of them would be something he wouldn't recommend.

"I'll block their paths!" Crusher grinned, his eyes glinting icy blue. "They'll never get past them! And I'll WIN for sure!"

"O~Kay..." Pickle cleared his throat before glancing up at the dark blue truck. "Um, Crusher, just one question; is this a good idea?"

"Good idea to use my powers against someone who has used his powers against me in a long time? Yes!" Crusher replied before narrowing his eyes at the green truck. "Why do you seem so doubtful?"

"Well..." Pickle lightly grimaced. "what if this gets Blaze and the other racers really, REALLY hurt? Like, what if it puts them out of commission for good?"

"Then so be it." Crusher smirked, his eyes gleaming icy blue once more.

His voice sounded odd and different as he spoke, causing Pickle to wince.

It didn't sound like Crusher.

It sounded... darker. Crueler. More sinister in comparison to Crusher's normal tone of voice.

And it very, VERY concerning.

But before Pickle could bring it up, Bump announced for the racers to head to the starting line. Crusher snickered.

"Well, I better go then," he spoke before zooming off. "Wish me luck!"

'Oh boy...' Pickle gulped, watching as the other went off.

This race sure was gonna be different from the previous races.

X

"Racers, START YOUR ENGINE!"

The racers all revved their engines at command. Crusher grinned as he did so, his eyes flashing icy blue.

This time, he WILL win. He WILL get what he want.

Blaze WILL NOT claim victory today.

"ON YOUR MARKS!"

"Good luck, Crusher!" Blaze spoke to his rival.

"GET SET!"

"Oh, Blaze, I don't need luck." Crusher snarked. 'But maybe YOU will.'

"GO!"

With that, they all zoomed off across the track. Crusher, as per usual, was taking the early lead. Close behind him was Blaze and AJ, Stripes and Watts and Gabby, followed by Starla, Darington and Zeg.