Sweet Night|JayHoon

𝑱𝒂𝒚 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑺𝒖𝒏𝒈𝒉𝒐𝒐𝒏

"...𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒘𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝒊𝒕 𝒃𝒆 𝒂𝒍𝒓𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝒊𝒇 𝑰 𝒑𝒖𝒍𝒍𝒆𝒅 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒄𝒍𝒐𝒔𝒆𝒓"

(𝑵𝒐𝒕 𝒂 𝒓𝒆𝒒𝒖𝒆𝒔𝒕)

🌟⭐🌟

Jay was not crazy.

He wasn't...but he just couldn't seem to think logically as he walked through the cool air of the night...well the sky was dark enough to view as night...same thing

He walked with shaky breaths as unpleasant thoughts rushed through his mind.

Was he seriously going to risk his own heart and go where he was going?

On any normal day, no one would question him for going to visit his best friend. He did that a lot. It was completely out of the ordinary but if anyone saw him at that moment, which was highly unlikely, seeing that he might as well have been the only awake, they would have been concerned.

Why?

Well, it's simple..it was exactly 2.53...in the morning.

He also hadn't told him that he was coming over but somehow he knew he was awake. He felt it more in fact, more than knew it that is. That's how they were, sometimes he could feel things, certain emotions he knew weren't exactly his but of his best friend. He just knew that on this particular day he'd be up at the same time.

Now the question still remains.

Why was he walking there at such a horrid hour?

As much as he was confused, wasn't there still a reason for it?
Didn't he have a vague idea of why he was doing such a thing?

There was but he knew that if he thought about it more, he would turn back and he couldn't, not when Park Sunghoon's house was in view.

Oh, but it still hit him hard.

He stood just outside, and looked up at the balcony above him. He leaned on the tree that stood tall beside the house and just stared at his bedroom window. He stayed like that for a while and just thought.

Was he really going to do it?

Yeah...maybe it wasn't too late to run.

You're a pretty fast runner, you wouldn't call yourself the flash and most of your friends have a better chance at beating you in a race but you can run to save your life. Right? They have nothing on-

"Jongseong!", awhispered call brought him back from his thoughts. He looked up and was smacked in the face by the reality that was Park Sunghoon.

"What the hell are you doing here...at 3 am?! Get up here!", and he was out of sight.

Shit.

Yup there's no turning back now but...you could always just leave and make him think he hallucinated you...

Yea-

"Yah! What are you still doing down there!", and so he climbed up...with struggle. He'd climbed up that old tree eversince he was nine years old but still it was difficult to do so.

When he finally got up he was met with Sunghoon's eyes. They had a mixture of worry, confusion, maybe a hint of fear and sheer panic.

"Are you out of your mind!", he said while raising his good arm in the air, "You almost gave me a heart attack! I thought you were some crazy serial killer that was stalking me. I thought I was going to die! The fu-"

"I'm sorry", he simply said and that's when Sunghoon calmed down.

He noticed how troubled Jay was especially since he avoided his gaze. It was usually Sunghoon who squirmed away from the hold of his orbs. Jay liked to speak with eye contact. It made him understand the other person's emotions better and it was easier to show sincerity. Many people would look away. He always had that effect on people. It wasn't because he was intimidating but it made them feel vulnerable towards him. It made them feel as if their inner thoughts were being revealed and laid in front on a table before him. It made them feel as if they could trust him immediately, share their secrets with him and it was frightening...at least that's how Sunghoon could describe the experience.

"It's okay, but seriously, what's up?"

"I-I need to tell you something and honestly I just, I-I don't know how?", Jay sounded unsure.

"Alright then, come on, let's go up"

"But your arm, we don't want you tampering with your recovery"

"I'll be fine, come on, plus anyways, you'll help me"

And so they made it up to the roof, there was a ladder so it was much easier to get up however Sunghoon's broken arm was making the process slower but eventually, they did find a spot where they could sit and stare at the sky.

Sunghoon turned to look at Jay. He was looking at the stars as if he were asking for an answer.

"I couldn't sleep", he started.

Sunghoon dared not to say anything. As much as he thought Jay talked too much..sometimes, it was rare for him to share his inner most deep feelings with him. He wasn't like that. Sunghoon liked to share the very littlest things with him. He enjoyed their occasional heart-to-hearts. It was refreshing especially since they spent most of their times goofing around and teasing each other. It was hard to talk about the things that troubled him, his fears and his doubts but when he did, when he looked into his eyes, he knew he could help so he allowed him to continue.

"Earlier I was talking to Heeseung hyung and he made me realise a few things. I've been thinking about it for so long and now that I know I just..."

"..I don't know how to say this properly but I love you Sunghoon"

Sunghoon smiled. Why was his best friend so dramatic. He shook his head in disbelief. He came to his house to tell him that he loved him?

"I love you too"

"No, you don't get it", Jay said in frustration. He took a long and deep breath to calm down his nerves.

"I love you and it's not in the way you think. I don't love you like a brother or a best friend..I love you and I don't know if I can make it make sense. Over the years I've realised how important you are to me. I don't know. I tried to turn it off but thats really hard. I didn't know that I'd..that I'd fall for you"

"Sometimes I ask myself, is this too good to be true? How can someone like me have the opportunity to spend most of my days with my favourite person? I really wonder. Are you my best friend? Are you? When..when I want you to be more. I know it's silly, how could 'Jay' speak like this? I-I-I don't know. I'm confused with my own feelings but I do know that I don't just love you, I'm in love with you and-"

"Jay", he was afraid to look up into the pair of his favourite eyes, "look at me"

"I'm in love with you too"

🌟⭐🌟

• Should I do more song based one-shots?
  If so, any recommendations?
• I'm thinking about making this a legit story😌
• Posted a SunKi one-shot in case if you missed it🥺
• Have a soft spot for JayHoon😭