VI

After Percy and I continue our gaze, things start to get a little awkward. He starts to move closer to me as if he was gonna kiss me. I look down breaking the gaze and clear my throat.

"So...whats the plan for finding the fleece?" I ask Percy, awkwardly.

"Umm...I was thinking that we should grab Annabeth and Grover and get it." He says blandly.

"Thats it?" I ask while scoffing.

"Yeah, for now. Lets just go." He says while rolling his eyes at my sarcasm.

He grabs my hand and we walk back to camp to find them. The whole way back I couldn't stop feeling like I betrayed Luke. Percy and I didn't do anything, but there was definitely something there. I don't know why I feel guilty. Luke betrayed me, not the other way around.

"Annabeth!" Percy calls to get her attention, letting go of my hand.

"Yeah?" She says as she walks towards us. "You guys ready?"

Percy and I both exchange confused glances.

"How did you-?" I ask, but she interrupts.

"I'm not stupid. Anyways, I came up with a plan to get the fleece. So, lets get Grover and go." She says demandingly.

"Go where?" We hear a familiar, chipper voice say from behind us.

"Tyson! Hey." Says Percy unenthusiastically.

I glare at him and he just shrugs in his defense.

"You guys are sneaking out of camp, aren't you?" He says making us think he is gonna snitch. "I wanna come!" He says, making us all somewhat relieved.

"Lets just get Grover and figure this out." Says Annabeth running up to Grover's door.

"No." He says when opening the door.

"You didn't even know what we were gonna say!" Percy says.

"You guys were gonna say your are going after the fleece. Look, I get it you guys wanna help and do your whole one quest wonder thing, but Clarisse is already going and its not cool to steal someone's quest!" He says all in one breath.

"I think this is my quest." Says Percy.

"Oracle says he wrestles Luke for the fleece." Says Annabeth making me confused.

"This is news to me." I say slightly annoyed. "Why would Luke want the fleece?"

"We don't know that he does." Say Percy. "But, the oracle is always right, in one way or another."

I just sigh and ignore the rest of their conversation. I wanted to find Luke before, but now I'm having second thoughts. After seeing him during the bull attack, it has just made me realize that he is alive and has been this whole time, while I have been alone. He didn't even try to contact me or let me know he was okay after I spent months chasing down cold leads about him. But, this is for the camp, not Luke.

"If the oracle is right..." I say. "Which she is." Interrupts Annabeth. "Then, we need to help Percy fulfill this. C'mon, it'll be like old times." I say nudging Grover.

"Yeah, old times. You mean the only time we have all gone on a quest together." He says unenthusiastically.

"Don't be so negative. We can do this, together." Says Percy.

"Together." I repeat with a smile on my face.

"Fine. Lets go." He says as he puts his arms around Percy and I's shoulders, leaving Annabeth and Tyson to walk behind us.

"I can't believe we are going with a cyclops." Says Annabeth.

I give her a look and tell her to knock it off. All of a sudden she reaches into her bag and stomps towards Tyson.

"I can't believe I'm doing this. I am only supposed to use this in emergencies, but I guess this is an emergency so... here." She says as she reluctantly hands Tyson a bottle of...cologne?

"Whats this?" He asks.

"Mist. It makes the mystical look normal." She says as she sprays Tyson in the face with it.

The mist engulfed his face and when it disappeared, he had two eyes. He looked normal. No one should have to hide their true selves to feel normal, but I didn't feel like arguing about it. As long as everyone is happy, we will all be fine.

"Alright, so how do we get to where ever we are trying to go?" Asks Grover.

Annabeth puts her pinkies to her mouth and begins to whistle. Two lights quickly start to fly towards us in the distance. When they land 5 feet in front of us, it turns into what looks like a cab.

"We are taking a cab?" I ask confused.

Annabeth starts to explain as we all cram into the cab, but I am more concerned about the three women in the front and the awful smell coming from the trunk.

"Hello! Where are we traveling to?" One woman asks without turning around.

"Somewhere off the coast of Florida." Says Grover while sniffing the air.

"Ahhhh." Exclaims the driver. "Lets get going!" Says the other one.

———

The drive was hectic and we didn't even get to our destination. After realizing we didn't have enough money, they dropped us off in Washington, D.C. Very, very far from the coast of Florida.

"Where are we?" Asks Annabeth.

"I think we are in Olympus." Tyson starts explaining as his eyes light up. "Hail to you mighty Zeus! Forgive our trespasses on Olympus. We seek passage to Florida." He says quickly drawing attention to ourselves.

I mentally face palm as Percy tries to quiet Tyson down.

"Hey! Hey! This isn't Olympus! This is Washington, D.C. We are at the Capital Building." He says whilst Grover, Annabeth, and I all give each other the same "embarrassed" look.

Grover complains about being thirsty and suggests we stop at a cafe for some fuel. While Grover is placing all of our orders, I sit down and try to let myself think. For the past couple of months, I have been pushing myself. Waiting for this moment where I can redeem myself. Prove to the gods that I am nothing like my father. I can't screw this up.

Author's Note

Hey guys! I appreciate all the comments, likes, and reads! We have just hit 1k reads on the first ever book I have written. WOW! Also, I am sorry I have been so inactive lately. I usually update my books within 1-3 days, but, because of some personal stuff going on, I just haven't been able to find the time. Anyways, enjoy reading and please like, comment, and share. Feedback is always appreciated!