sixteen || "Your Friends, Media First"

Start from the beginning

"Here let me help you." I pulled out a suitcase and a light bag and began rolling down my walkway. My mom had stayed sitting on the porch drinking what I assumed to be a lemonade. "Sorry honey I would help but I just got a fresh manicure, look!" She put out her hand, unveiling her white polish. I glossed them over for a few seconds and continued into the house.

It didn't take long to unpack my car which I was thankful for. The real challenge was returning all my clothes to their original places in my closet. I fell back onto my bed, and pulled out my phone wanting to see if Devon got home safely. I opened the facetime application and clicked on his name watching my face as it rings.

"Hi gorgeous, you okay?" He was sat in his kitchen, scarfing down a slice of pizza. "Yeah, I was just making sure you got home okay." He laughed and took another bite of his pizza, wiping the extra oil from his mouth with a napkin. "Safe and sound, thank you for checking on me."

"You're welcome. I'm gonna go attempt to put these clothes away, I'll text you later."

"Alright, beautiful."

I lifted myself up from the bed and began searching my room for my book bag. Media First would be reaching out to me soon and I wanted to make sure I responded to their email promptly. When I placed my bag, I unzipped the back and slipped out my Macbook. I typed in my password and clicked on the email app I had located at the bottom of my screen. I scanned through a few promotional emails until I found one entitled; "Media First would like to welcome you!" I clicked it and began reading,

Dear Summer,

We here at Media First would like to congratulate you on finishing out another year successfully.

As you know many applicants have applied for an internship here at our company and you were
one of two that we thought to be proficient enough to handle the responsibilities this job comes with.

We hope you enjoy the few weeks you have to relax, because once June 1st arrives you will be immersed in the world of business.

We look forward to seeing you Miss Nolan, and congratulations again.

Your friends,
Media First

I scanned over the email again before shutting my laptop. I was hoping the closing would mention a name, but I guess it was wishful thinking considering how under wraps they were. I continued searching through my bag trying to find my speaker. Once I did I connected it to my phone, shuffling my entire playlist.

I groaned at the state my room was in, not wanting to be bothered. When I finally gathered the strength I walked over to my dresser and began filling it with clothes, repeating the step once one was full.

I hated move out.

...

Devon's POV

"Watching a movie without me?" I walked into the living room to see my mom hugging a bowl of popcorn while Olivia sat next to her, a blanket covering her shoulders. "It's To All The Boys, you don't wanna watch that." Olivia joked, catching some popcorn in her mouth.

"You're right I don't" I grabbed some popcorn out the bowl and headed into the kitchen, searching the fridge for food. "You really need to go grocery shopping!" Besides the left over pizza I had this afternoon, the fridge was barren."Why don't you go tomorrow? It'll give you something to do!" I pulled out a bottle of water, and closed the fridge door. "Yeah, I guess I'll go." I began tapping on my phone scrolling through Twitter, taking a sip of my water ever so often.