The way he seemed so hesitant and guilty when he muttered the words 'human drinker' gave me a clue it was defiantly not a good thing. I felt sick when he mentioned it. I knew it was wrong, I could feel it.

"A-are you a Nomad?" His eyes shifted away from mine and he looked down to his feet. "Yes I am a Nomad... I also drink from humans."

The air was tense, none of us knowing what to say.

The word Monster kept repeating in my mind, but was Edward really a monster? The way his shoulders slumped in defeat and his eyes refused to look anywhere but the ground proved to me that he was not happy with killing humans.

But then why did he do it?

I was the same as he was which meant if he was a monster than so was I, were we both monsters?

I tried opening my mind to the past but unfortunately came completely blank. How is that I have no clue about my own past? I sighed, wanting to know if in my previous years I had known about the existence of vampires. Random words and feelings would occur when an effective phrase or even a word would be said.

The word Vampire brought anxiety and terror and faded thoughts like Blood. The thought of blood made my mouth water and immediately my hand shot up to my throat to try and stop the burn. I whimpered when the burn just increased.

Edwards hand came into view as he slowly took my hand and brought it down to my side. "I can make the burn stop although it would be best if we leave at night."

Without questioning, I nodded.

I would do anything to stop this burn.

The Blood

Bella-October 3 2010-Night fall

We target people...the people that won't be missed if they go missing...- Edward

The thrill was indescribable.

The speed, the strength was all too much. I dodged the trees and jumped over the fallen trees. I could hear Edward's feet connecting with the earth as he came closer towards me.

I let out a nervous squeal as I jumped through the air to grab onto a branch, swinging off the branch, I landed on a rock and continued running on the rocky terrain.

I was so close.

I could see the bright lights becoming closer and closer. We were getting closer to our destination, the city of Phoenix Edward called it. The burn in my throat amplified and almost became too much to endure.

Edward jumped from a nearby tree landing right beside me. I looked at him wide eyed and hissed at him.

There was no way I was going to lose to him!

I took huge strides jumping from rocks to trees. I could smell fresh water up ahead.

There was a lake.

I quickly took my last strides and leaped over the lake making it over in one bound. I heard my feet hit the moist soil and then Edward's feet hit a few seconds after mine.

A smile broke onto my face and I turned to face him. "Ha! Who's the newborn now?" I mocked.

A crocked smile appeared on his face and my breath caught. I quickly looked towards the lake as I felt my cheeks tingle.

"You still are." He chuckled as he shoved me lightly. "Being a newborn isn't an insult; every vampire starts out as a newborn. Being a newborn merely means you're new to the vampire life."