My body was numb with instinct. The only thought in my mind was Run! But running was never my forte. I tripped over my feet, landing roughly against the rough ash-fault.

My face scraped the cement and my arm twisted awkwardly. I cried out in pain, clutching my broken arm. My breaths came in sharp gasps as I desperately gulped the frosty air and squeezed my eyes shut.

This is a nightmare, it has to be! It's a nightmare, nothing more than a stupid nightmare. My mind chanted. Tears started to fall down quicker as the thought of this being a nightmare became more doubtful.

I weakly tried to make an attempt to get up but fell back down to the ground. The ache in my arm made it impossible to put pressure on it.

I have to get up, or else I'm going to die. I can't die, not now. Charlie needs me, I can't leave him alone. I won't die.

Before I could even make another attempt, I froze. The sound stopped me, his heavy breathing, he was here.

I heard the beast approach me and felt his dark presence as he knelt down in front of me.

I clenched my clammy hands into small fists and weakly tried to get up. The clues were right in front of me. The news reporters warning people to stay off the streets, the massive amounts of people found dead all around Phoenix, and my mom demanding I don't leave the house at night. The clues were all there but I chose to ignore them, tempting fate for this tragedy to become reality.

I quickly patted my pant pocket looking for that small bottle of pepper spray that Charlie always made me carry around with me. I never thought I would have to put it to use. When I found it I gripped it tightly with my uninjured hand and waited for the right moment to use it against my attacker.

My breath was shaky as my eyes stayed closed shut. I was going to fight; I was not going to die, not this way. I was going to be strong and fight, I was not going to be his prey.

"Open your eyes." He commanded, his voice harsh and rude but smooth like velvet.

I found myself obedient, opening them unwillingly. All thoughts about fighting left me instantly as I stared at him with awe. I gasped dropping the bottle of pepper spray. Shoot!

His eyes flickered to look down at the bottle and he just rolled his eyes with a forced smirk that played along the corners of his lips. I was about to dart my hand out to reach for the bottle but he noticed my hand twitch and muttered. "Don't bother."

I swallowed nervously and looked up at him stilled with confusion. He was nothing of what I expected. I had pictured a horrific limp-faced monster, but he looked nothing like this imaginary beast. More like an angel of some sort.

I froze, lost in his alluring eyes. They were a dull crimson yet mesmerizing and beautiful. His bronze hair fell loosely across his pale white forehead, not one mark was seen on his perfect skin. He was completely flawless. His pale pink lips formed a slight frown and his perfect sculptured jaw was set straight. I had never seen someone in so much anguish.

He stood there looking completely lost as he eyed me. I knew he was about to kill me; but I didn't feel an ounce of sadness for myself. Instead I felt remorse for this angel, this poor angel about to commit to something so horrific.

I gasped, shaking my head. Was I crazy!? This murderer was about to kill me and here I was thinking how beautiful he was and how sorry I felt for him! Oh god I'm insane. A distant memory put me at a daze.

"Beg, plead, cry there's nothing you can do to make a serial killer feel sympathy." Mr Crooks said. He was teaching us about the mind. "Almost 99% of serial killers have damaged a part of their frontal lobe, which contains emotions, feelings, memory. So it is difficult to make a serial killer feel sympathy for you, when they feel nothing at all."

I whispered as I stared at ground. "Why?"

I knew whatever he was going to do to me would lead me to my death but I knew he didn't want to kill me. He was conflicted, internally fighting something as he stood there tense. Panic and terror flickered in his eyes.

"What do you want with me?" My voice laced with in fear; I could hardly hear myself over the harsh winds. "Are you the one who killed all those people?" I whispered absolutely terrified and revolted.

I could feel his glare intensify on me, making me cower closer to the comforting cement. "I don't have a choice." He spat in clear disgust. I swallowed bringing up my courage.

I looked up to his pained face. "But you do." I said trying to sway him from his decision to kill me.

"You do have a choice, you're just choosing the easy way out." His hands gripped my arm painfully and his eyes were turning from red to black.

"Let go of me!" I screamed at him, tears streaming down my face. "I won't tell anyone." I begged. "I won't! I promise. I swear!" I cried, trying to yank my hand out of his grasp but it was impossible.

My hand never moved an inch no matter how hard I pulled. My hand was frozen in place with his firm ice cold hand.

"It's not as easy as you would think." He said coldly leaning closer to me.

I stiffened as he positioned his nose into my brown hair. My breath became uneven and I froze completely forgetting that I was trying to escape from his hold. I heard a quite groan but then he suddenly jerked back gasping for breath, suffering. I could see him swallowing repetitively as he eyed my neck. I shifted uncomfortable at the intensity of his stare.

My voice was breathless as I tried once more to plead my way out of my death. "You still have a choice, even if it's difficult." You could hear the clear desperation seep through my words. I knew if I kept this conversation going on for long enough than maybe someone would find me, well that's what I hoped for.

"It's hard to resist something you need." He whispered harshly.

...you may want to kill someone but you never need to kill anyone. Want and need are two very different words... I thought silently.

He didn't give me a chance to reply. He came forward, and his cold hands pushed my plain long brunette hair away from my heated neck. I could hear my heart thumping through my body as I started to panic. The only thing I heard was my heavy breathing along with his. I couldn't move I was locked in place gazing into his darkened eyes.

He seemed to hesitate as he put his mouth to my neck. It looked as if he was going to place a soft kiss on my neck but then he harshly pulled back.

I looked at him with pure shock. His eyes were blacker than the night above us as he gazed into my own eyes with immense pain.

He looked away avoiding eye contact. I breathed in the cold refreshing air and softly whispered.

"You have a choice."

I closed my eyes and felt tears slip beneath my closed lids. "So why choose wrong."

"I'm so sorry." I heard him whisper painfully. "But I-I can't...resist."

I waited for the knife to plunge into me, or the burn of a bullet to pierce through my skin; I didn't however expect the pain of his teeth sinking into my neck.

My eyes shot open and I screamed in terror. I felt my blood rushing out of me. I struggled to push him away but was too drained to succeed.

Life was being sucked out of me and I couldn't do a single thing!

His fierce possessive growl echoed throughout the night as he grabbed me tighter causing his teeth to sink deeper into my neck. I cried out in pain. "Please...don't!" There was no response, only the sound of him sucking me dry.

Pain, the pain was too much. I closed my eyes and let the pain devourer me dragging me into oblivion.