|7|

Leela sighed as sadness filled her, she slowly laid on her bed and closed her eyes.

'For me you are still the same.'
'Why?Because I care about. Leela, I will always step in between you and something like this.'

A small smile spread across her face, her chest felt light and prickly. Why am I being like this? Leela thought.
She was caught between the horrible reality and Naksh's warm approach.

She sighed once again trying to make the thoughts about him disappear. The police said they are tracking him down, so he will caught now, Leela looked at the mirror as her scarred face reflected. If I became his girlfriend, will things have been different now? What if..... several thoughts started to arise in her head, after some time Leela grew tired from her own negative thoughts and decided to sleep.

***

It was the fifth day after the incident, Leela returned from the hospital after having her wounds treated once again, she was now laying idly on the bed staring blankly at the ceiling, Just then she received a text from Naksh, "Hey, What's up."

A soft smile spread across her face as soon as she received her the text, " I went to the hospital today."

"Oh, how did it go?"

"It was okay, they treated my scars nicely."

" Did they gave you any medicine?"

"Yeah, they gave a new cream to apply and some tonics."

"Oh, I see."

"What about you? Did you visit the hospital?"

"I have my appointment tomorrow. By the way, me and Aisha will come to annoy you again, will that be alright?"

"What do you mean annoy? Of course you are always welcomed."

"Then we will start banging on door at 3 p.m okay?"

"Heh, sure."

Naksh will be coming today, the thought made Leela's heart feel light unexpectedly. Why am I being like this? Leela was confused with herself.

***

Naksh, Aisha and Leela were sitting on the cot on the rooftop, eating fruits and talking about stuff.

"So how is the investigation going on?" Aisha asked.

" Its going pretty well, they have confirmed Guarav as the suspect and now they tracking him." Leela replied.

"Can you believe it, that god damn son of a bit-" Aisha fumed.

"It was hard for me to believe it as well." Naksh sighed.

"If I get my hands on him, I will literally kill him." Aisha spoke furiously.

" Alright alright, let's not speak about him." Leela spoke trying to bring back the peaceful atmosphere. Agreeing with Leela they stopped that conversation.

"Hey, Let's go for a walk in the nearby park." Naksh suggested.

"Yeah, Leela has only been staying indoors." Aisha agreed

"Hey, what are you saying!" Leela exclaimed.

"What?" Naksh and Aisha spoke in chorus.

" How can I go out with this face?" Leela spoke.

"Why can't you? Of course you can! Come on let's go, the park will close soon." Aisha spoke as she took both Naksh and Leela by her hands and ran down.