Chapter 1. Father's Blackmail

Antonio's POV

"No Father, No! That's impossible, what you're saying cannot happen! You cannot take my entitlement and give it to someone else, no father, no!" I screamed and yelled in frustration at my father. I was shocked by what my father just said. How could he do this to me? How can my own father call me to a serious meeting like this only to blackmail me? I can't find any possible word to describe this, I am so pissed off right now in fact I am boiling inside.

I quickly made my way out of our family house and asked my driver to take me to the airport. "You can't run away from this Antonio, it's time for you to face the music." I heard my father shout before I entered the car. I boarded my private jet and I didn't even want anyone to disturb me or talk to me. I just wanted to be by alone and think of what my father had told me. How can he blackmail me like that?

Hours later, I arrived in Italy and was met by Herrera my driver waiting for me to drive me home. I finally reached home. I did not even have the appetite to eat, so I went straight to bed since it was already 10pm. I slept only 30 mins, only to wake up to a dream of what had transpired in the afternoon with my father.

Since I was up, I decided to get on some of my work. I couldn't even focus because of my father's decision. I mean, I am his only son and heir to his wealth but how can he make me make a decision like that, a decision that I personally I am not ready to make. I am already a billionaire, it's not like I am too desperate to wanting to take over my father's Highly Sort Out World Wide Business Empire, but being an heir to my  father's wealth was my right, well that is what I had always thought but I apparently I was wrong. I had always also wanted to protect and keep his legacy and eventually merge the two companies to become Multi-Billion Dollar companies but as it stands write now, I was wrong and I thought wrong.

I went back to bed and I tossed and turned. I don't even remember how I managed to sleep, but was thankful that I managed to sleep.

I woke up around 7pm and did my morning routine. I was feeling out of sorts, and not in the mood for work, so I decided to stay home. "If you do get married before you your 35th birthday Antonio, my son, I will retire with immediate effect and give you the keys to my company and it will be yours, you will be my successor. I trust you will keep our values and make the company going. Its my joy to see you settled down and have a family of your own my son, " I had during this part of the conversation and he carried own," but I will not give you your inheritance Antonio, unless if you get married before your 35th birthday and prove to me you can actually be a run a home. " These were the words of my father and I couldn't get them out of my head. They keep on running round and round in my head, keeping me up all night.

Okay, so my Father wants me to get married before my 35th birthday or risk loosing my inheritance to that so called cousin of my mine. The bad part of it, is that I am turning 35 in 4 months. I know my cousin, he's not capable of running billion dollar company.  He will bring that company down in seconds. The only thing that he has been successful on was to get married and have children only.

Where and when will I get a wife in that short time. "Sir, can I get you a cup of coffee". I was brought back from my thoughts by the voice of my maid.

"No, no, thanks Miguel. I am fine". I responded. "My name is Megan sir, not Miguel". She responded nicely but her face showed that she was kind of pissed. "What was that?" I annoyingly asked. "I said my name is Megan not Miguel sir." She responded.

"Are you sure that is your name? I mean, that's what I had registered in my mind all this while, that your name is Miguel. Any way, it's fine I'll start calling you by that name you have given yourself today". I said and the expression on her face was priceless. Her tongue was tied and I don't even know why because her mouth kept hanging all the while I was talking.