Chapter 10

Not Edited*

True to his words, Jisung's father did not let Jisung anywhere near the black-haired guy. Except for the usual glare, Jisung wasn't able to do much to Hyunjin. He wasn't even planning to get physical and just lecture the black-haired guy, But the said guy was taking an extra amount of caution near the blonde as if he will murder him.

While setting the table for dinner, Hyunjin sat at the far end of the table out of the reach and eyes of Jisung. But Jisung being Jisung kept his eyes on the taller rather than eating his food.

"Jisung, stop glaring at him and finish your dinner", the elder man said without even looking up 'cause with the intensity that Jisung was looking at Hyunjin, it can be felt even by a blind person.

"Dad, if you had taken your medication, as usual, I wouldn't be 'glaring' at your so-called son right now", Jisung munched on his food angrily. He can't say much to his father so it's better to take out his anger on the poor soul, Hyunjin.

Hyunjin looked at his uncle with pleading eyes, clearly full of regret that he should have done as Jisung said. But his uncle only shook his head indicating him to not worry too much.

"Jisung, why don't you take it as a gift from you to me, since tomorrow is my birthday. I just didn't take one pill, it's not like I'm gonna die because of that", point to be noted, Jisung's father is a smooth talker.

"You know how much missing on that one pill will affect you", but the smooth talking doesn't really work much on Jisung.

Rolling his eyes the father gave up convincing his child.

"Hyunjin, can you take me outside tomorrow since it's my birthday? There were some people that used to treat me special on the day of my birthday but they do not do that anymore", the elder man said looking at Jisung. The plan was to; try to guilt trip Jisung and change the tension in the atmosphere back to normal.

Jisung heaved a sigh of frustration, because there was no way his father is going to accept his fault anytime soon.

Jisung realises that it might not be a big deal for his father but it actually is a big deal for him though. Being strict is a must for him because the last time they weren't able to medicate his father, he ended up in hospital. Hanging between life and death. And to Jisung, he has no one but his father in this world. He just can't afford to lose him. Thus, Jisung is always trying to give his best in completing his father's need.

"Dad I will take you out but not just tomorrow", Jisung said looking at his father but the said man kept his straight face.

"That's why I asked Hyunjin, you don't seem to have time for me",

"Dad I promise I will take you out just.. stop it already", But the elder man seems to actually miss his kid because instead of dropping the topic he escalated to another level.

Hyunjin just watches the father and son bickering back and forth. And he can feel the tension rising but he can't do anything to change it. He just sit there listening to them, watches the son raising his voice and the father leaving the table with hurtful eyes. And a while after, the son also rising from his seat and leaving the apartment, slamming the door behind.

He can't even say anything to them because he feels like he's not at the place to advice them. The person who never had a proper relation with his own father, how is he supposed to advice them.

But still, heaving a sigh Hyunjin goes after the upset father. Seeing the bedrooms light off, he cautiously steps in.

He sees the elder man on his wheelchair, beside the window. Not sure if the man wants him there or not he stands at the doorway.