"Well, I think I'd be more efficient in answering if the speed of the viva voce is slowed down a bit."

"Right. Sor—"

He glared at her. She was about to apologize again.

"Okay, so first, how many invitees are there?"

"Around 200."

"Next. Where in the hotel is it taking place?"

"The Banquet hall is huge enough, so there, mostly." He studied her as she noted all of it down on paper. Her handwriting was legible and wonderful even when writing so fast. He saw her write 'Examine the banquet personally' and circle it.

"Why aren't you typing it down? Wouldn't it be easier that way?"

"I prefer writing to typing, it adds a personal touch. Anyway, next. Any color schemes to be included?"

"What has that got to do with food?"

"The aesthetics of the plating and food will get altered accordingly."

"Right. No. No color scheme."

"What's the arrangement of the furniture gonna be like?"

"Round tables scattered throughout the banquet's expanse."

"Any theme for the gala?"

"Nope. It's more of a celebratory gala."

"Okay. Any specific food requirements? Or something that needs to be avoided?"

"No. What the guests get to eat is completely on you. Serve whatever you want to."

"Great. Let's decide the service style first—buffet or American?"

"Buffet, I know what that is. American is...?"

"American style of service is where the dishes are already portioned on plates and served to the guests, same goes for the drinks. I suggest this, looks more polished."

"American it is." She scribbled it down, wrote some notes and then looked back at Zac.

"Noted. How many courses do you have in mind?"

"Can you enlist the courses, and I'll accept or deny?"

"Okay. First, hors d'oeuvres."

"What the hell is that?"

She laughed.

Yes! he cheered for himself. Zac: 3, Rhett :8.

"Hors d'oeuvres is the appetizer that is served before the meal starts."

"No?"

"You don't want to include it?" He shook his head. "Okay."

"Next is amuse bouche? I'd suggest not to, but your gala, your choice."

"My gala, but your choice, Savannah. I know zero about food and dining. You get to decide what happens in and outside the kitchen. You say no, then it's a no. I don't even understand why you're asking me all this. I trust you, Chef Reece. I wouldn't mind if you had your way with the dining for the gala."

"I appreciate your trust, but that's not how I work, Zac. I aim to please my clients. And most of the time, pleasing my clients is providing them with what they want, not what I want them to have. In this regard, you and your family have never objected one bit," she said, remembering the broccoli incident, "but not everyone out there is like you, or your family. You ate the broccoli, and you claimed to have liked it too."