Carl Captures A Whisper Part 2

The moonlight shines into the small window of the cell. My body shivers from the cool night breeze. I've been left here for hours.

The sound of footsteps comes unexpectedly, I look up and see the teenage boy that brought me here, "Are you okay?" he slides a plate of food through the slot.

I scurry over and start devouring the sandwich.

"I'm sorry for all of this, you don't deserve to suffer because of alpha. I'm Carl by the way." his brown eyes watch me closely.

Once the food is gone from the plate I wipe the crumbs from my lips, "Please let me go I promise I won't tell anyone about this" I beg him.

He shakes his head, "I can't do that".

"Please, I don't want to die like this" tears form in my eyes. He is truly my only hope, there's no telling what the others might do to me.

Carl gets closer to the bars, "You're not going to die. I get this is all scary to you but my people aren't like that. Carol is just a little frustrated" he tries to calm me down but it's pointless.

Drops of sorrow drip from my face like a river.
I wipe them away as much as I can. "I don't have any information to give, the only person who knows what alpha has up her sleeve is beta." words flow out of my mouth at the speed of light.

"I get it, just calm down. If you explain that to my dad he'll let you go", Carl is optimistic that it will all work out however I can't be too sure.

"That won't happen, people are cruel" my eyes shift to the ground. Before I know it he's unlocking the cell.

"People can be good too, I'll show you." he reaches out a hand to me without hesitation I take it.

The boy takes me out of the hell hole, I follow behind him fearful of someone seeing us. The two of us tiptoe through the community's garden and to their storage shed.

Even though it's dark, I'm speechless at how normal everything looks. It reminds me of the world before the apocalypse.

"Your home is nice. Alpha said places like this don't exist" I whisper.

"She's a liar, Alexandria is a great community and we aren't the only ones. There a place called hilltop that's like this" Carl tells me. Alpha has never mentioned another community in the area.

"That's amazing. I'm glad she was wrong, Alpha always crushes any dreams we have. She says the old world is gone"

"Do you want to go back home? Doesn't sound like a great place to be", Carl asks with deep concern.

"I guess they are my people". I'm not sure how I feel about this. On one hand, this place seems perfect but I will always miss my pack.

"You could stay here, we're really welcoming" he offers me.

"I don't know", I wrap my arms around myself. I've never been this conflicted in my entire life. Even if I do want to stay, the rest of his people probably won't accept me. Alpha has done some horrible things. 

Carl rests his hand over mines, "Trust me..."

We both peer into each others eyes. He leans in and plants a small kiss on my lips. The affection is there instantly.

"Oh, I'm sorry. You're just really pretty", he pulls away from me.

"Don't apologize, I like you too", I push our bodies back together, we make-out like we are long-lost lovers. This place is exactly where I need to be.