I picked up the pile and began to go through, stopping at the site of a large spread picture of Aiden and I sitting across from each other at the restaurant, Scherzo. We were leaned towards each other. Aiden's hand holding mine, tracing patterns on my wrist. I was caught in a deep blush, staring up at him with a shy smile. The look of open vulnerability and desire on his face was now permanently marked in millions of copies of the tabloid. The sight of it sent a shiver down my spine and set something in my stomach on fire.

You are a pretty good actress, Aiden had said. Well, now I had proof of how amazing his own acting was. It left a strange ache in my chest, and I tried to ignore the strange whisper that tried to make itself known. But the demand of its cry was too great until finally, like a gentle whisper it made itself known. How I wish it was real.

I dropped the tabloid back on the table like it burned my fingers. "So they think we're dating," I said looking up at Sanders.

She nodded. "And they LOVE it. Carter was just a shadow of what this did. Which is why I am here..." Sanders looked over at Aiden. "You went above and beyond to protect Laliana not only from people who try to hurt her physically but her image as well. And for that, I am very grateful." She cleared her throat, looking a little flustered. "Thank you."

Aiden nodded, silent. Sanders cleared her throat and looked back at me. "You don't have to go on any more blind dates." I slumped back into the love seat, relieved and overwhelmed by this piece of news. I had been wrestling with telling Sanders about the stalker reaching out to me about Decklan over the phone, but now that everything seemed to be calming down, there wasn't a point. I was free.

"Oh my gosh. Thank you, Sanders," I laughed. "I really didn't want to go on any more of those fake dates."

Sanders smiled, looking amused. "Let me finish Bright-Eyed girl. You aren't being let out of your relationship clause."

I blinked, confused. "I don't understand." Why did I end up in so many morning meetings? It left me looking clueless. "What then?"

"You don't have to go out with strangers. The studio liked how you looked with Aiden."

My eyes shot wide and my heart took a dive, dying as it hit my stomach. Oh my gosh. Is she serious?

Sanders continued in a rush, no doubt trying to finish before I jumped into a verbal sporadic panic attack of word vomit. "Think about it Laliana. You already spend a lot of time together. He can protect you and you don't have to date anyone else."

I stood up, suddenly more flustered than I had ever been. "I... I..." Words failed. I was left to a loud silence that threatened to swallow me. I didn't want to fake date Aiden. Not when I felt so confused around him already. Not when his acting left me breathless and strangely heartbroken over something fake.

"Laliana, it's up to you and Aiden. But considering how..." Sanders paused, choosing her words carefully. "Interestingly your last two dates went, this is the best choice."

I tried to speak again. "I..." But sadly, I was still incoherent.

Sanders downed the rest of her coffee. "I'll leave you to talk it over." She stood up and walked towards the door. "Don't forget we leave for Canada later today for your book signing tour up north."

"Okay... Yeah. Canada. That's a place. Yeah... I've heard of it. Yep. Makes sense," I stuttered eloquently as Sanders left the apartment.

Then I was alone with Aiden, an unspoken question hanging between us. To fake date... or not to fake date... that is the question.

---

Thank you for reading chapter twenty-four! I hope you are enjoying the story! Or are at least curious to see where it goes! Add this story to know when the next chapter drops!

UPDATE DAYS - A NEW CHAPTER EVERY FRIDAY!

Laliana has just been offered a way out of going on blind dates. Will she take it?

What do you think Aiden thinks of all this?

If they start dating, how will that affect Aiden's rules when it comes to being her bodyguard?

CHAPTER QUESTION - If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?