"Where are you going?" she asked.

"I'm going with Fahad to the police station. I need to file a case against Iman."

"For?" she inquired.

"Attempted murder," I replied.

"For poisoning you, right?" she asked.

"Yes," I muttered, placing a kiss on my mother's forehead. "May you wake up soon, Aunty," I whispered.

I grabbed my handbag and bid Ya Aminah goodbye, sauntering out of the room. I dialed Fahad's number, and he answered promptly.

"I've arrived. I'm just parking my car," he informed me.

"Okay, I'm coming out of the hospital right now," I said, making my way to the exit.

I spotted Fahad as he stepped out of his latest white Mercedes-Benz. It wasn't the car I had scratched the other day; this was another one. Fahad certainly had a thing for cars.

"Fahadu!" I greeted with enthusiasm.

"Ma'u!" he replied with equal excitement, making me chuckle.

"Shall we go now?" I asked.

"If you're ready, I'm ready," he replied

"Okay, let's go" I said and we walked towards his car.

ABUBAKAR

"Mr. Abubakar, how did you like the presentation?" the board members inquired, snapping me out of my reverie.

"Uh, it was okay," I responded, although I hadn't been paying attention to a single word. "Just submit the plan so I can go through it again," I added.

"Is the meeting over now?" I asked, and they nodded in agreement.

"Hey Abubakar, what's going on with you? It's like you were somewhere else during that meeting," Najib inquired.

"Family problems, Najib," I replied, entering my office with Najib following suit. We both took our seats.

"Iman or Asmau?" He asked, getting straight to the point, and I began explaining everything that had been happening.

"Wow! Well, I think you shouldn't allow Iman to come between you two," Najib advised.

"That's exactly what I've been trying to do, but Asmau is consumed by insecurity," I admitted, frustration clear in my voice.

"Is that how you make her feel?" he asked, and I sighed deeply.

"I do my best, Najib, really."

"Then you need to do even better, my friend. I'm heading out to shop for Ummu Aneesa. Want to come along?" Najib asked.

I nodded. "Yes, and I want to get something for Asmau as well. Let's go."

**

"How much is this?" I inquired, pointing to a stunning gold necklace.

"Six hundred thousand, sir. It's one of our finest gold necklaces," the storekeeper explained.

"Alright, I'll take it." I smiled, knowing Asmau would love it.

**

"We should be heading out now, right?" I asked Najib.

"Yeah, but aren't you going to buy anything else?" He asked.

"I like that dress. I think I'll get it for Asmau," I mentioned, referring to a brown Abaya adorned with stones and intricate designs.

"Man, I can see you're determined to make things right with your wife. That's commendable. I could learn a thing or two from you," Najib teased.