[ch. 3]

I've been upstairs avoiding my mom all evening, I mean I usually do but I can't stand her and she can't stand me. She even tried to come in here and talk to me, I told her to go away and thankfully she did or things could have been flying across the room. I was now working on my homework which I always hated to do but it's better than being in the same room as my mother. I heard my computer give me a notification that Michael was on Skype and wanted to talk with me, excepting his request there Michael was laying in bed with homework in front of him as well.

"Ah so you've summoned me for answers I see." I said with a giggle and Michael fake laughed and rolled his eyes.

"Why else would I call?" He asked, offended I started to reach for the end button and Michael began wailing his arms and freaking out, "I'm kidding, Lana no don't, you know I love you!" He said quickly and I groaned leaning back into my chair.

"Alright what answers do you need?" I asked crossing my arms.

"Let's see um, one, two, three- all." He said and I gave him a look.

"How are you going to learn anything if all you do is copy my homework?" I laughed at him.

"Shut up and just help me please." He pleaded with a groan, I nodded and began to tell him all my answers until and unpleasant sound interrupted us.

"Lana come down here!" My mother yelled from the bottom of the stairs.

"I'm a little busy right now!" I shouted back rolling my eyes.

"If you're not down here in five minutes you'll be grounded. Get down here." She threatened, I growled telling Michael that I'd only be a minute if not shorter because my mom and I can barley hold a conversation in general.

Descending down the stairs not looking forward to talking with my mom I finally got down there and realized we had guest. Of course she'd call me down so I'd make a fool of myself in my sweatpants and band shirt.

"Lana these are the Hemmings, they just moved in across the street." My mom said and I gave her a look, why was I even here I don't socialize with my neighbors. "Say hi." She growled under her breath and I waved at them.

"Hi," I said with an attitude and my mom seemed to not like it but I didn't care. "Now if you'll excuse me I have homework to finish since I was rudely interrupted." I said making it clear to my mom who looked furious on the outside with me.

As I began to walk up the stairs I ran into a firm chest, looking up I recognized all his features the second I looked at him. "Lana this is Liz's youngest son Luke." My mom explained to me, if only she knew I already know him.

"We've already met." He said deeply and my mom looked taken back by what Luke had just said but then began to smile.

"Well that's wonderful, I'm always telling her to make new friends." She said emphasizing the word new, rolling my eyes I stepped away from Luke and began to head upstairs.

I walked into my room and slammed the door shut furious with my mom right now. If she thinks for a second that Luke and I will become buddy, buddy with each other, she can think again because that's never happening. I sat down where my laptop was and saw Michael playing on his phone, he looked up and noticed I was back before he set down his phone quickly.

"What did your mom want?" Michael asked with a groan, he wasn't too fond of my mom either, he knew she was rude and mean.

"She wanted to introduce me to our new neighbors across the street." I groaned rolling my eyes while I slouched back into my chair, "Stupid Hemmings." I mumbled and Michael looked like he had just seen a ghost.

"The who?" Michael asked with wide eyes.

"That's who moved in across the street, some family named the Hemmings." I repeated myself and Michael began to look worried.

"Do they have a son named Luke?" He asked and I began to nod. That's when my eyes went wide too- he's the one who is sitting by me in science class, Michael told me he was dangerous. "Don't talk to him Lana, he's going to get you in trouble and I'm not going to watch you get hurt by that asshole." Michael said, I feel like he knows a lot about Luke but is hiding stuff.

"Trust me, I'm not talking to him and he's never stepping foot in this house again." I said confidently, although I had a feeling my mom grew to liking Luke and she had only just met him.

"Well I'll let you go, I've gotta get some sleep." Michael said and I could tell he was lying right away.

"You're going to go play your new video game aren't you?" I questioned with my eyebrows arched and he gave me an innocent smile.

"You bet your ass I am." He said with a smile, "Goodnight Lana, see you in the morning." He said waving me a goodbye before he clicked the end button and my screen went blank.

"Wow," I heard a voice say from behind me, scared I squealed and fell back in my chair with a groan. "You have a nice room." He commented.

"Dude what the fuck, get out of my room!" I snapped at him which he responded to with a chuckle.

"Cute bedspread." He said sarcastically, it was a black and teal bed spread I don't know what's cute about it.

"You know what would be even cuter?" I said slowly and Luke gave me a look, a wink even.

"What?"

"If you left my room!" I snapped pointing to the door hoping he'd use it.

He chuckled as he made his way out my door, "You're feisty, I like that." He admitted with a smirk.

"What part of out do you not understand?" I asked rolling my eyes as he still looked around my room.

"You want to go out?" He asked with a devious smirk on his face and my eyes went wide.

"What no-"

"Great, I'll pick you up at eight tomorrow." He said walking over to me so his height was now towering over mine. "Wear something, sexy." He smiled before leaving my room. I was so confused about what had all just happened.

I felt my phone vibrate on my table and I went to open the message I was sent by a number not saved into my contacts.

See you in science tomorrow ;)
- L xx

That's when I realized it was Luke, but how did he even get my number? This was all scaring me and I wanted no part in this, but it seems like I've gotten dragged into something I won't be able to get out of...

-

shhhhit, bad boy luke has me feeling some type of WAY!

nicole xx