xxiii. screaming contest

Start from the beginning

"Ah, I didn't introduce our newest member. This is Charlotte Harring, a muggle from the future," Dumbledore's eyes twinkled as he spoke as if he was explaining the simplest of things. Everyone, who didn't know, either gasped or gave me a dirty look. No one dared to question Dumbledore and I was thankful for that. "She was sent to us to help us fix our wrongdoings and help change our present, for the better."

Mrs Weasley rubbed my arm, in a loving manner, while everyone stared at me. The man who had questioned my knowledge only scoffed and mumbled about how unconventional it was. The rest of the meeting consisted of trying to figure out a new angle and talking about how to fix things that have been broken. Dumbledore didn't ask me any more questions and once the meeting was dismissed, I was allowed to go back to bed only to be woken up shortly after.

There was never a boring day in a house full of Weasleys. Especially when woken via Aguamenti. Springing up, I saw the beaming faces of the Weasley twins, proud of their prank.

"What was that for?" I shouted. "I'm on your side! We prank others, not each other."

"Mum wanted you up, but you wouldn't wake up, so we took matters into our own hands," George laughed.

"You're up now, so it worked," Fred commented.

"You guys suck."

After changing out of my wet clothes and forcing Fred to dry my bed, I made my way to the kitchen where everyone waited for me. Mrs Weasley was standing at the stove, slaving away, making breakfast for us.

"Good morning, Mrs Weasley," I smiled. "Good morning, Sirius."

" 'Morning, Charlotte, how'd you sleep?" asked Mrs Weasley.

"As good as I could, waking up before midnight," I laughed.

Sirius gave me a look as if I said something wrong. It had occurred to me that maybe no one knew of the Order meeting last night, no one except Order members

"No, you're allowed to go?" Fred stopped running around with George to gape at me.

"Mum said we were too young to go!" George added.

"I don't want to hear it," Mrs Weasley scolded the twins, "Professor Dumbledore gave the orders– I only enforce them!"

"That you do," a voice called from the doorway.

"I thought you would have left by now," I turned to face Dumbledore.

"Kicking me out already?" he mused. "I'm here to inform everyone about something important."

The entire kitchen silenced. Ron and Hermione had been talking in hushed voices, while Ginny drew in a notebook. Everyone faced Dumbledore waiting for bad news, it's all there is anymore.

"Nothing bad," he reassured, "just something I thought you'd appreciate knowing. I've decided to tell the lot of you, being Charlotte is a close friend of yours. But this must stay a secret, it may not be told to anyone outside of this room– I will inform Harry when he comes here, but besides him, no one else. Understood?"

Everyone nodded in agreement, not knowing what to expect. Heat rose to my cheeks at the idea that Dumbledore was going to expose my secret to my friends. Although Hermione and Fred knew of it, I was afraid of everyone else's reactions.

"I'd like to officially introduce Charlotte Harring... Born in 1993, in Enfield, England, she is actually just over two years old right now. This Charlotte, here, is a muggle from the future, for lack of better terms," Dumbledore introduced me.

From his corner, Sirius stared blankly at me. I could see the wheels turning in his head, trying to figure out how it was possible. Understanding flashed in his eyes and he slowly nodded his head as if he were remembering something.