01. shirley temples

Start from the beginning

     "Heard you the first time, Mother." She murmured. "See you during the holidays." She said bidding her mother a final goodbye. Josie had only said her last statement to get her mother off her back, there was no absolute way she'd be spending her break in that hell hole. Spending the two weeks in her dorm all alone sounded much more pleasing.

     As she neared the train, a groan escaped her mouth. By the looks of it, it seemed as if most of the compartments would be full. Athena always offered her a seat, but Josie preferred spending the ride alone lost in thought, it was her time to mentally prepare herself for the upcoming year, and she was positive this year wouldn't be the same. One day during an argument with her mother, shortly after her father's death, Josie realized she had always tried to be the perfect daughter, but it was never enough. So why should she continue to try? Josette planned on doing everything her mother forbid, and she didn't plan on backing out.

      She carefully placed her bags and her Owl, Inez, along with the rest of the student's luggage. She hated that she had to leave her animal in the hands of a stranger, but last time she tried sneaking it in it cost her house points, and Josie was always determined to win as many points as possible. Slytherin had always won the cup, well until Harry Potter came to Hogwarts, but that didn't stop her from doing all she could.

     Climbing onto the train, she began looking for an empty compartment. The more she searched, the less likely she thought she'd find one, but it seemed as if Merlin finally began listening to her wishes. She stumbled across a compartment with no one inside, she let out a sigh of relief considering she wouldn't have to endure anybody's voices. The train ride was long, too long in her opinion, so she began making herself comfortable.

     Once the train began to move, Josette took it as a sign to rest her eyes. She had spent a car ride with her mother, so she believed she deserved the time of peace and quiet. But it seemed as if the universe decided to hate her once again as a big thump woke her from her short rest. As she opened her eyes she found George Weasley on the floor, along with Fred and Lee Jordan at the entrance of the compartment.

     "Oh, hell no!" George exclaimed lifting himself from the floor. "You said you found somewhere reasonable to sit, I'm not sitting with her."

      Josette's eyes had to widen a bit more observing George clearly for the first time. He had cut off most of his hair compared to their sixth year and he seemed to grow a few more inches, definitely over six feet she was sure. As much as it pained her to admit, George Weasley was quite fit, but she'd never admitted it to anyone. Josie soon realized she had been staring for a bit too long, and quickly racked her brain for something to say.

     "For once we agree on something, Weasley, you aren't sitting here. I'm sure there are some other students who will welcome you, three musketeers." Josie replied signaling them to leave.

     "Trust us we rather be sitting somewhere else as well, but the only other place is with Adrian Pucey and he's worse than you," Fred said as he began placing their carry on's on the shelf above. "It's not like we're going to bother you anyways."

     "Your presence bothers me, and I highly doubt you can keep quiet for seven to eight hours." She replied.

     George watched as Lee slipped in right next to Fred, only leaving a seat next to Josette. "You two are mad thinking I'm going to sit next to her for hours! I rather sit on the hallway floors."

     "Well, George, no one is stopping you," Lee said pointing towards the hallway outside.

     George quickly flipped him off before turning towards the Slytherin. "Can't you go sit with your friends? We get you're some anti-social git, but that doesn't have to affect us."