₁₃. 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐥𝐚𝐲 𝐚 𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐧 𝐡𝐞𝐫

[mattheo's pov]

i caressed her rosy cheek as she slept next to me in bed that morning. i got out of bed and made her coffee as i usually did. by the time i went back to the room, she was up in bed, stretching. she took the mug from my hand and began drinking the coffee.

"last night was..." she began, looking down into her mug shyly.

"the best night ever," i finished her sentence, "i wouldn't have wanted to spend it with anyone else, love."

i stroked her hair and stared at her and all of her beauty. i kissed her shoulder softly and went back to the living room.

"where are you going?" she asked, wishing i would stay with her.

"i need to talk to my father." i walked back into the room.

"are you insane?!" she screamed, "why? he'll kill you."

"he won't kill me if he doesn't know where you are," i walked up to her, pulling her face up, "i need to end him. before your parents get hurt."

she grabbed my hand worriedly, "promise me you'll be okay."

"i will," i responded, "i'll be right back."

so i went to where my father was— at an abandoned building near diagon alley. nobody suspected he was there. he stared at me vilely as i sauntered in.

"where's the girl?" he croaked.

"if you think i'm actually going to tell you, you're out of your goddamn mind." i bravely answered.

"didn't i tell you to not get close to anyone? didn't i tell you to manipulate her? i didn't tell you to fall for her."

he slapped me like the last time we had met. blood splattered out from my lips.

"you're pathetic. i doubt that you're even my son." he went on.

"i'll find her myself then." he continued, pacing around the room, "and she'll pay for your irresponsibility."

"if one of us has to die, it's not gonna be her. it's gonna be me. kill me. torture me. do whatever you desire to me. but her–" i paused, "you won't lay a hand on her."

"and what makes you so sure of that?" he snarled viciously.

i stayed silent, not knowing how to answer.

"vulnerable," he slapped me again, "that's all you are. vulnerable enough to fall for a pathetic dirty blood who only cares about fulfilling your sexual desires."

i began to lose my temper and stomped towards him, pointing my wand at him. but before i could say an incantation, he grabbed my wrist firmly and pointed his own wand at me. he waved his hand and an old chair appeared. i was thrown into it and strong ropes tied themselves around my wrists and ankles.

"silencio!" he uttered, pointing his wand at me.

he came closer to me, "if you can't bring her to me, she'll bring herself. don't worry. you'll be reunited with your precious dirty blood soon, mattheo."

[your pov]

it had been exactly 24 hours since i had last seen mattheo. that morning just wasn't the same. especially since my period didn't seem to be coming.

at four o'clock in the afternoon, i received a letter and an old hat from an owl. it read:

your only happiness stays in my control. follow this port key or you will not be able to say goodbye to him.

i knew exactly who the letter was from. my only instinct was the use the port key, which took me to a dark, abandoned building. in front of me was mattheo, tied to a chair. he couldn't seem to speak. i untied the ropes and he tried talking but nothing could come out. it didn't take me long to realize that someone had used a silencing spell on him.

i quickly reversed the spell and grabbed his face, full of dried blood.

"look behind you!" he screamed immediately.

i turned around and there was the one who i was dreading most- lord voldemort. for my entire life, i had completely avoided any conversation about him. yet, there he was in front of me, pointing his wand at me. mattheo stood up next to me and pointed his wand at his father. i was practically shaking, wishing my mother and father were there.

"why must you be afraid, eevee?" his cold voice uttered, "i won't hurt you. at least not until your parents arrive."

"stay away from her!" mattheo demanded, still pointing his wand at voldemort.

"oh, child," voldemort said softly, "if only you knew who killed your mother."

mattheo looked back up, "w— what the hell are you talking about?"

"didn't you know?" voldemort continued, "ginny potter killed bellatrix. your mother is dead because of her mother."

mattheo just stared at me, tears beginning to form in his eyes. i saw how hurt he was. it pained me more than ever before.