S E V E N T E E N

Start from the beginning

"I need to answer this." Teena sighs, kissing his cheek softly before she wanders away from him, talking to her manager on the phone.

Lando felt immense happiness inside of him that people around the paddock sort of knew about the two of them but now he had to deal with a lot of people asking all sorts of questions that he wasn't excited for.

He made sure Teena was okay outside before he went into the garage, the boy greeting his team and his teammate before he walks to his car, a smile etched on his face as he looks at it. Teena was outside of the motorhome on the phone still when Charles walked by her, the boy stopping in his tracks and walking over to her.

"Can we talk when you're done?" Charles whispers, the girl nodding softly. Charles listens to the conversation she was having, the girl finishing up on the phone in the next 15 minutes, the two of them looking at one another softly.

"How are you?" Teena asks.

"I'm doing alright I guess, still hurts." Charles speaks as she sighs.

"How's Pierre?" She asks.

"He could be better, but he's doing it for Anthoine now." Charles smiles a little.

"I'm proud of you both, especially you Mr Two-Time Race Winner." Teena smiles at her cousin.

"I'm telling you, he was watching over me." Charles smiles also, noticing Hamilton walking over to the pair of them.

"Ex-boyfriend alert." Charles grins cheekily, the girl slapping his arm before he disappears into the Ferrari motorhome.

"Not you." Teena rolls her eyes jokingly.

"You okay?" Lewis asks, watching her nod.

"Look, I know we're not exactly friends but I just want you to know I'm here for you if you wanna talk. I know you were close with Anthoine, and I should've said this in Spa but you weren't there." Lewis admits.

"Oh yeah, I was in New York with Sil for a meeting. Thank you, though, I appreciate it." Teena nods, moving her hair out of her face.

"I'm uh, sorry for this past year. I didn't give you much of a chance to explain yourself and I probably should've, but you did kinda hurt me so I had every right to. Listen, no bad blood, okay? I haven't got time for it anymore." Teena says, holding her hand out for him to shake.

"Sounds delightful." He replies, shaking her hand softly.

"Anyway, go get to the garage 'cause your race starts soon. See you later." She pats his shoulder, the girl waving at him before she makes her way to the McLaren garage where Lando and Carlos had moved about 5 minutes ago.

"You're starting to sweat." Teena speaks.

"It's boiling." Lando admits as she takes his hat off of his head and puts it on hers.

"Your head is huge." Teena laughs, the hat falling off of her head seconds later so Lando catches it with his foot. He readjusts it for her before he puts it back on her head, the girl smiling to herself softly before Lando twirls her around and pulls her into the motorhome.

♡♡♡

Teena stood in the McLaren garage with her arms folded, her hands moving up and down on them slowly to try and get herself warm. Whilst it was humid and it was still warm outside, she had overestimated how warm it actually was and her outfit wasn't helping her at this moment in time.

"Cold?" Heinrik asks, scaring her half to death.

"Just a little." She replies.

"You're stood under the AC." He laughs, pointing to it before he walks off. Teena moves out of the way of the AC and sighs, the girl going outside to see if she could find Lando as the race was due to start in 10 minutes and he was nowhere to be seen.

When she returned to the garage she was just as cold as she was before, goosebumps covering her skin which somehow made the tattoos on her arms more prominent. She'd gotten even more filler tattoos over the summer break, including one on the inside of her middle finger which was Silver's initials, and Silver had gotten Teena's initials done in the same place.

Lando had named her tattoos whilst they were off as well, calling the dragon Diego, the snake Sid and the butterfly was called Barry, some of the filler tattoos having names also, such as the little tiger which he had named Tony.

"You cold?" Lando asks, noticing she had her arms wrapped around her tightly.

"A little, I didn't bring my jacket with me." Teena replies. Lando disappears and returns after 2 minutes with his McLaren jacket, the boy handing it to her with a small smile.

"You have pictures to take, can't let you get cold out there can we?" He beams, kissing her forehead softly before she takes it from him.

"Thank you." She mumbles softly, slipping the jacket on and warming herself up.

She stood with Heinrik whilst the race was going on, the girl watching him take photos of the two McLaren's racing around the track right till the last second. She said goodbye to Heinrik before she went back to the McLaren motorhome, the girl sitting in Lando's room trying to warm herself up still whilst she scrolled through Instagram.

She ultimately decided after waiting for about 15 minutes that she was too tired to sit there any longer, so she got up and made her way to the hotel to get some sleep, hoping someone would tell Lando where she was.

Lando smiled as he walked back to the garage, the lad taking his helmet off and shoving it on the shelf before he goes around the garage thanking his team. He looks around for Teena and furrows his eyebrows when he can't find her, the boy asking the team where she was to which they responded with a shrug of the shoulders.

He checked his phone and saw that she'd messaged him to tell her she'd gone back to the hotel before she fell asleep on the grid, the lad laughing to himself before he collects his belongings and gets in his car to go back to the hotel.

He made sure to be quiet when he walked into the room, all the lights turned off and the curtains shut meaning she was already asleep and had been for about half an hour. He got himself into his pyjamas before he got in bed beside her, wrapping his arm around her middle and pulling her close to him.

"Congrats on P7 pretty boy." She mumbles, scaring him half to death.

"I didn't know you were awake." Lando whispers back.

"Only the smallest bit, you did good today." Teena smiles.

"Lewis did better." Lando huffs jokingly.

"You have no competition mon amour, I don't care what he's got and nor will I care for the rest of my life. Apart from Danny Ric, you're my favourite driver on the grid." Teena hums.

"I was just testing you, my love." Lando laughs softly.

"Go to sleep before I get grumpy." Teena laughs as well, pressing a soft kiss to the back of his hand before the two of them fall asleep.

♡♡♡