Surprise

They had only been gone for 4 days, but it felt like forever and going back to work felt like a drag. Carly had slept hard the night they had got back and she wanted to sleep the day away, but she had work at 11 in the morning. Getting back in the swing of things was a bit hard for her, but by 5 she was back, though ready to go home.

But she was surprised when an unexpected visitor appeared at the library.

"Hey Sheldon, why are you here?" she asked, grinning up at him with a stack of books in her hands.

Sheldon looked from the books with disgust to her smiling face, causing him to smile in response. "Hello. Leonard's in the car with Penny," he gestured behind him with his thumb, "I asked him to bring Penny so she can drop your car off at a place that remains to not be spoken of, and Leonard is going to drop us off at that place that remains to not be spoken of. So you can drive us home…I know it's confusing but I don't drive and I want to surprise you."

Carly stared at him for a moment before his words clicked in her mind, and she brightened again. "Oh cool. Um, let me go put these away and I'll be right back."

Sheldon nodded and stood awkwardly in the middle of the library, waiting for her. She hurried to put away the books before grabbing her purse and telling her coworker that she was heading out. Soon she was in the backseat with Sheldon as Leonard drove.

"So it's a surprise?" Carly asked happily, looking at her boyfriend with a grin.

Sheldon nodded. "Yep, and no, I won't tell you," he said with a smirk.

Carly smiled and took his hand. Sheldon glanced down at their fingers and smiled back at her, before looking back out the window. Carly looked up at Leonard's reflection in the overhead mirror. "Leonard, do you know where we are going?"

Leonard glanced up at her and smirked. "Uh-hunh. And I would tell you but Sheldon threatened to kick me out of the apartment," he said.

Carly gaped at her boyfriend who was smirking. "Sheldon, that wasn't very nice."

Sheldon looked down at her, still smirking, but then he sighed. "Carly, you heard him; he would have told you if it wasn't for my threat to throw him out on the streets."

Carly rolled her eyes.

Sheldon had his hands over her eyes, guiding her onto a train. He was almost exploding with excitement and she was complaining about not being able to see.

"Okay," Sheldon said proudly, uncovering her eyes and she opened them to see a table set up with a white table cloth and candles lit with food platters around them.

Carly gasped at the sight before her. "Oh my," she breathed, covering her mouth with her hand and then looking up at Sheldon who stood next to her, apparently suddenly nervous.

"The table decorations were Penny's idea," Sheldon shrugged and then gestured for her to take a seat in the booth. Sheldon sat across from her and watched her face that was lit up in excitement and wonder.

"Sheldon, this is…horribly romantic," she said, still not believing her eyes.

Sheldon bit the inside of his cheek before answering. "You're right; I can have them take all this unnecessary stuff off of it."

Carly shook her head hastily and took his hand that was resting on the table into hers. "No, don't. It's perfect."

He looked from their hands to her eyes and he suddenly felt more comfortable. Plus the train started to move. "I booked a room on the train for the night. And I had Penny pack a bag of your stuff…I hope you don't mind. I just couldn't ask you, because it was a surprise."