Chapter 40 [I'd Faith That We Would Be Together]

On Wednesday afternoon, Sana took a half-day off from school and headed to the Civil Affairs Bureau with Tzuyu to legally register their remarriage.

The staff member who received them was the same one as last time, and he seemed to recognize her. After a stunned pause, he asked, "Hey, aren't you two the Goldbach guys from last time?"

Sana: "..."

With a smile, she told him, "Goldbach eloped with Euler. Please help us through the remarriage formalities."

Staff member: "..."

After collecting their information, he began going through the procedures. Upon watching them signing their names on the application, he couldn't help but let out the sigh of an experienced veteran, "Establishing feelings requires a long period of mutual torture. The longer it lasts, the deeper one's emotions will be. Congratulations on your remarriage."

Sana and Tzuyu simultaneously paused in their signing.

The two made their way out of the Civil Affairs Bureau, the divorce certificate on their hands back to a marriage certificate. Sana opened the red folder she was holding and scanned through it. Nothing was different but the date.

"Congratulations, Mrs. Chou." A little smile playing about his lips, Tzuyu watched her. As she put away the certificate, Sana whispered back, "No, it's you who should be congratulated, Stalker Mr. Chou."

Tzuyu didn't take offence at being called a stalker, but beside him, Sana suddenly remembered something and halted in her tracks. Tzuyu glanced at her, puzzled. "What's the matter?"

Sana pursed her lips in scorn. "Chewy, you never did propose to me."

She had gotten a license with him twice, yet he had never knelt down on one knee!

Tzuyu raised an eyebrow and pulled her into the car.

The peach blossoms lining the the road had already faded, leaving behind only lush green leaves. A few leaves blew in the wake of the black Audi as it made its way down the concrete road.

Back at the Civil Affairs Bureau, an older lady winked at her nearby colleague. "Don't forget my spicy jerky."

XxxxxX

Tzuyu drove home. As Sana reclined on the sofa, he said to her, "I've made an appointment with the photo studio to take our wedding photos again this Saturday."

Stunned for a second, Sana sat up cross-legged on the sofa. "Why are we taking those again?" She would have rathered that he got down on one knee and proposed marriage! With a big bouquet of roses!

"You graffiti-ed all over me, are you just going to let it hang there forever?"

Sana thought about the wedding photo hanging in their bedroom and smiled. "I think it looks pretty good. Much better than the real thing."

Tzuyu gazed at her steadily, then a smile appeared on his lips as well. "I'll draw a version for you tonight, then. I've studied hard in your class for an entire semester, so I'm very confident."

Sana: "..."

Flattening her lips, she said, "Shouldn't we still have a copy of the originals? Why don't we just reprint those?"

"I want to take another." Tzuyu's tone was as wayward and willful as any of the children she taught at school. "Although we won't be holding the wedding again, I want us to have a new beginning."

Sana didn't fight it too hard. After all, what girl hated wearing a wedding dress? She would get to wear one twice in her lifetime, with the same man standing next to her.