Unwilling party guest.

It was her eighteenth birthday and she feared it, the time she would meet her mate either in her pack or the neighboring. She tapped her nails on the biology table and groaned; at least it wasn't happening at school right? Oh gods! Please don't let that happen.

"Linzy!" Her name was dragged out and she jerked her head toward the female’s voice. Erin, slightly younger than herself she was also shorter with light brown hair and eyes set in an angelic face, but that angelic face was just a lie, she's really a little demon. Different packs would bring their males along with the pack alphas, females were allowed to the party as well. Erin slipped her small frame on to the empty stool next to her and smiled with her frame bouncing.

"Aren't you excited?" she squealed loudly.

A groan escaped passed Linzy's lips as she smacked her head against the cold black table top.

"No, I'm not. It just means I get to be paraded around among packs till one male thinks I'm his then I have to kick his butt." The coldness eased her headache slightly as she gave a tiny chuckle.

"But just think about it Linzy," she started to shake her arm. "You get to find your mate and live happily ever after and have pups."

"Shush, you get louder and louder." She teased and looked over the class to make sure no one hear Erin's excited babbling. Lifting her head she counted the minutes till school would finally be out for the day.

"Did you pick out your dress already?"

"What makes you think I'm wearing a dress?" Linzy snickered before her wolf spoke up. 'But we have to look pretty for our mate.'

'Shush Angel.' A soft growl was her answer before it was drowned out by the ringing of the bell. Jumping up she gathered her book sack and headed out the side door with Erin trailing behind her.

"Oh, I can't wait for my time."

Another snicker escaped her lips. "Just wait three more years." she mumbled as she readjusted the strap on her shoulder as they walked toward her car. That black Chevrolet Impala gleamed in the sun light (Just think about the car in Supernatural), she ran her hand over the hood and was more giddy about the car then she was about getting a mate.

"Beautiful isn’t she." She patted the roof of the car with a giant smile.

Erin gave her a weird look before opening the door. "It's just a car Linzy....don't go into heat over it."

"Oh shut up." Sliding into the brown leather driver seat she patted the dash. "She didn't mean that baby." Only to be shaken by an impatient Erin.

"Drive!" except it was drawn out with this I'll-murder-your-face look.

"Okay...okay." She coughed back a laugh and held her hands up in mock surrender before starting the engine. "Oh! Listen to her purr." She cooed and then stopped, cleared her throat, and pulled out the parking lot with Erin staring at her strangely.

~~

The house they arrived at was a two story one that was far in the outskirts of town and hidden in the woods, the beige colored house with its white shutters and wraparound porch was the family’s home, a few miles down the Alpha's and so on with the rest of the pack. She jumped the four steps effortlessly and walked right in, leaving the door open for Erin of course, and jumped the steps to her room where she could throw all her crap on the floor and land face first on her bed and forget about what was "going" to happen. But of course that wasn't going to be the plan; opening the door she found her mom prancing around the room throwing things on the bed to go with this almost skimpy black dress that stared at her.