"You setting yourself up for me to be nasty," he chuckled, kissing her yet again. "Come on," he finally let her go, and they got out, joining their hands as they entered the restaurant where everyone was still in the waiting area, after telling the hostess how many people were in their party.

Kari squealed a little bit and nudged Khi when she saw Dontae walking in with a girl who held tightly to his arm. He had told her about how he was trying to get into a relationship, she didn't know if it worked, but this seemed promising to her.

Khi smirked, knowing Dontae and seeing the look in his eye—he knew he was happy to have her come. When he and Trae first invited him, he was nervous because Kimani tended to be shy. He was trying to warm her up to the idea of hanging out with his friends because he wanted her around more, so he could try to convince her to come to the Outer Banks next week for spring break.

"Wassup y'all," Dontae called and grabbed everyone else's attention, and they called greetings back to him. "This is Kimani, Mani, this is...all these niggas," he gestured to everyone, and Trae sucked his teeth.

"Hi Kimani, nice to meet you," Trae said. "Tae is rude as hell, I'll do introductions. I'm Traveon—you can call me Trae. This is my girlfriend Aja, that's Evan and Jelani,"

"You can call me Jay, or Jeli," she smiled wide.

"That's Mekhi and Sakari" he pointed at the last two.

"You can call me Kari—call him Khi," Kari pointed with a smile.

"Hi," she said quietly. "It's nice to meet y'all, thank you for inviting me, I appreciate it," she smiled.

No way she's this cute, Kari thought, fighting a pout. "We're glad you decided to come!" she grinned.

Everyone made small talk while they waited for their table, and Kari could tell Kimani was just observing everyone. Since she did the same thing in big groups of unfamiliar people. She could tell the girl was comfortable with Tae though, she kept her hold on his arm and occasionally he looked over to make sure she was okay, and the way they smiled at each other had Kari ready to fall out.

Once they were finally at their table, the girls decided to talk to Mani some more, hopefully to get her acclimated. They knew Tae wanted her to come next week badly so they wanted to help him by helping her.

"So, Kimani," Aja said, and she looked up from the menu while the boys talked about football or something. "What's your major?"

"Oh, computer science," she said, making their eyes widen. "Is that bad?"

"No! It means you're smart as hell," Jeli said, and Mani smiled a little.

"Says te chem engineering major," Kari scoffed. "Aja and I are both early childhood educated majors," she pointed at them both. "So what do you like to do? Sorry if we're being weird with all the questions," she smiled.

"Oh, it's okay, it's not weird" Mani smiled back. "Um...I like to read and watch tv mostly. If I'm not studying that is, I just do that. And sleep,"

"Oop, I like you. Sleeping is my favorite activity," Kari nodded, and Mani giggled. Upon hearing it, Dontae subtly glanced over at her, and he was very glad they were getting along. He was thankful his friends were so open and welcoming.

It felt like a good sign.